Acer Swift 3 SF315-52G-56FR Charge Over USB-C

muhlisgursoy
muhlisgursoy Member Posts: 32 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
edited December 2022 in Swift and Spin Series
I have an Acer Swift 3 (SF315-52G-56FR). Some reviews of Acer Swift 3 say it's chargeable over USB-C, does it applies on my laptop too?

Thanks.

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Best Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,454 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Specs say it can be used to charge devices, but you can't charge the computer from the USB-C port. It can be confusing when reading the specs, so I assume anyone who said otherwise was just confused.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • billsey
    Answer ✓
    There are lots of Swift 3 models and typically different versions use different motherboards, so you can't use what someone else says unless they are running the same model as you are. Your SF315-52G does not support charging the laptop over the USB-C port.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Answers

• billsey
    Answer ✓
    Specs say it can be used to charge devices, but you can't charge the computer from the USB-C port. It can be confusing when reading the specs, so I assume anyone who said otherwise was just confused.
  • muhlisgursoy
    billsey said:
    Let's say I try to charge it, should I? Can it burn the motherboard? Because some people with different similar Acer Swift 3 models, charged it and it worked.
  • billsey
    Answer ✓
    There are lots of Swift 3 models and typically different versions use different motherboards, so you can't use what someone else says unless they are running the same model as you are. Your SF315-52G does not support charging the laptop over the USB-C port.
  • muhlisgursoy
    billsey said:
    Thank you for the information. I'm just a bit too curious about that, thinking about if it is able to be charged with a powerbank over USB-C. Acer should note "the USB-C has no power delivery feature" or something in the manual for avoiding confusion.
  • Norwegianwood3
    Norwegianwood3 Member Posts: 1 New User

I am another guy that would charge my Acer swift 3 SF314-41 through USB c port, and bougt an extra powerful charger with blue Usb blue cable. Its n ot possible to charge. The symbol at the uSB port is a battery being charged, not the lightning symbol. Can anybody answer me if it is possible to charge my PC with the USB c port ?

• wascas
    wascas Member Posts: 1,194 High-End Contributor WiFi Icon

SF314-41 does not support notebook charging over USB-C.

• billsey

And the SF314-41 and SF315-52G are very different machines. Heck, one is Intel and the other AMD. :)