SWIFT SF314-52: Unable to detect internet via cable is there a setting that needs to be enabled?

JC3JL3
JC3JL3 Member Posts: 3 New User
edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
I am trying to change my network settings on my router and tried to connect directly to the router using a USB2 to RJ45 cable. 
However, after i turn off wifi on my Acer, it doesnt detect internet. I cant seem to find the settings for Local Area Network. I tried plugging the cable into the various USB ports in the laptop but still not successful. Is it the cable, is there a setting that needs to be enabled? Can help? Thanks! 
[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Answers

• Did you verify that the ethernet port is enabled here?

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • JC3JL3
    I dont see that option. I only see WIfi and VMware Ethernet. Does the use of vmware affect the local settings?
  • Check if the network adapter is enabled here:

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,663 Trailblazer
    Yes, VMware can cause issues, it will try and take over the port, in order to connect to it to your virtual machines. You should, however still see the card in Device Manager under Network Adapters. If it is not showing in Device Manager the adapter is likely broken.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • JC3JL3
    Thank you all for the comments. Tried looking at Device Manager and this is all I see.

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,695 Trailblazer
    edited May 2020
    What happens when you uninstall vmware?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,663 Trailblazer
    Try turning on hidden devices to see if the Ethernet port is there but not seen.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.