Replacement key caps Spin 5

Wivz_03
Wivz_03 Member Posts: 7 New User
edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
Hi all,

Does anyone know where I can order a replacement key cap for my Acer Spin 5? Alternatively does anyone know if I could use the key from another laptop like an Acer Swift? I am in Thailand but don't mind shipping internationally if that is the only option.

Any help much appreciated. Thanks,

Edited the content to hide personal information
Acer-Samuel

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,672 Trailblazer
    I don't believe Acer sells any key caps, they just support the keyboard as a whole. You might be able to find something on the secondary market...
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Wivz_03
    Thank you for the reply billsey, is it possible to order a new keyboard for the laptop? if so where from please? 
  • billsey
    @Wivz_03 which specific model of Spin 5 do you have? It should be something like SP513-24-su52... Each locale has their own keyboard to handle the language differences, and there are also sometimes color differences.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Wivz_03
    It's the SP513-52N, Sorry for the ridiculously long time it took me to reply. I have an English/Thai keyboard.
  • billsey
    OK, here is the description and part number from Acer:
    ASSY U/C GRAY W/KB BKT,KB THAILAND 6B.GR7N1.027
    You should be able to search on that part number (6B.GR7N1.027) to find places that can get it for you.

• Wivz_03
    billsey that's really very kind of you, thank you for your help, it's much appreciated. I will let you know how I get on.