orgis
orgis Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

edited October 2023 in 2020 Archives
Hi

Aspire A315-42

NXHF9EK001XXXXXXXXXX

Which RAM can i install on this model?

I have read that its ddr4 2400, i have 4gb 1RX16 PC4-3200AA installed so i am a bit confused on what to install, task manager shows 2400 MHz.

Why would i have a 3200 stick factory installed if motherboard is 2400?

Edited the content to hide sensitive information
Acer-Samuel

Best Answer

Answers

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,077 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Hi,
    You need to buy a DDR4 2400MHz module, I think the reason for the 3200MHz maybe that module was available at the time of assembly. 
    https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/582118/acer-aspire-3-a315-42-max-ram-and-type-of-ssd
  • orgis

Tinkerer

yeah thats what im thinking, thanks for reply, wanted to make sure before i bought the wrong RAM
  • orgis

Tinkerer

Sorry one last question, is the below specs what im looking for?

NEW AND SEALED KCP424SS8/8

Kingston 8GB DDR4 2400MHz SODIMM - KCP424SS8/8

The Kingston KCP424SS8/8 8GB 260-pin DDR4 2400MHz Non-ECC Unbuffered memory upgrade from Kingston's Notebook range is perfect for the custom builder or white box builder who are looking for reliable quality RAM. Maybe your system is lagging, tasks are taking longer to complete or you are looking to add extra capacity in the form of DDR4 Non-ECC Unbuffered memory SODIMMs to your setup.

Kingston have been manufacturing high quality SODIMM modules since 1987 so you can be assured of a high quality component with this Kingston DDR4 upgrade. Kingston are one of only a few manufacturers worldwide who test production of memory and their range of Notebook modules are included in this intensive testing environment to ensure precise and consistent quality.

• Product DescriptionKingston - DDR4 - 8 GB - SO-DIMM 260-pin
    • Product TypeRAM memory
    • Capacity8 GB
    • Memory TypeDDR4 SDRAM - SO-DIMM 260-pin
    • Upgrade TypeGeneric
    • Data Integrity CheckNon-ECC
    • Speed2400 MHz (PC4-19200)
    • FeaturesSingle rank, unbuffered
    • Voltage1.2 V

• brummyfan2
    No problem, yes that Kingston module will work but now I think you will be better off with another matching module of 3200MHz  because to utilize dual channel feature, you have to install the same size and same frequency modules, so I would suggest you get another 4GB 3200MHz module.
    https://uk.crucial.com/compatible-upgrade-for/acer/aspire-a315-42
  • orgis

Tinkerer

i was just go remove the 4gb 3200 stick
  • brummyfan2
    orgis said:
    i was just go remove the 4gb 3200 stick
    Then it's fine, I thought you were going to mix memory modules.
  • orgis

Tinkerer

no i don't see the point of paying extra for speed i will not get, will keep the 4gb 3200 for spare.
    Thanks for your input mate