Acer Japan Presents: ConceptD Creators’ Story – Graphic Designer Hatakeyama Tomoko

Acer-JoseAcer-Jose Administrator Posts: 1,146 Community Administrator
A childhood dream realized in 3D CG with the help of a powerful machine

Presenting her 3D CG video work "cloud9" on the theme of "Symbiosis" and "Using various software in technology" as a graduation work. In a polluted and devastated world, a girl searching for human survivors meets a blind dragon sealed underground. The dragon becomes the wings of the girl because the she led the dragon with the sound of a bell. The message is, "Even if you're alone, you can go up to greater heights if you cooperate with someone." "I'm glad I was able to create a work in a setting that I wanted to make since I was a teenager," she told ConceptD about the new creative world.

Creating challenging experiences, with a powerful computer on hand

"Studying for 3D CG has been a goal for a long time. I decided to become a designer before graduating from high school. Actually, I wanted to become a manga artist since I was a child, and during high school I applied for a manga award from a publisher. However, I wasn't quite ready and I asked my counselors about my career, and they advised me to go into graphic design, so I decided to become a designer.

One month after enrolling in Digital Hollywood University in May 2019, I decided to consider a scenario for my graduation project, and based on the characters of "girls" and "dragons" that I had been thinking since I was a teenager, I created a world view and story. It was made using the ConceptD 500 desktop PC and ConceptD CP7 4K monitor. I started modeling with "Maya®", "ZBrush", and "Marvelous Designer" from around the end of October. Even with multiple software running, the ConceptD 500, which has a high processing capacity, worked properly, and the work went well. Even when I launched heavy software, the sound was not annoying and I could easily concentrate.

Artist Profile
Hatakeyama Tomoko worked as a graphic designer and illustrator for branding, brochures, websites, and logo production for companies. She moved to Tokyo in April 2019 to enrich her range of expression, and enrolled in Digital Hollywood University. While studying 3D CG, she also works as a freelance graphic designer and illustrator.

Follow Tomoko: YT
Follow Acer Japan:  FB | TW | YT 

RELATED PRODUCTS

ConceptD CP7

• PANTONE® Validated display
  • 99% Adobe® RGB gamut color accuracy(1)
  • Delta E <1(1)
  • 93% DCI-P3(1)
  • VESA Certified DisplayHDR™ 1000

ConceptD 500

• Intel® Core™ i9 Processor
  • NVIDIA® Quadro RTX™ 4000 GPU

日本語で記事全文はこちら>>

[1] Specifications may vary depending on model and/or region. All models subject to availability.