Acer Japan Presents: ConceptD Creators’ Story – Developer Matsuzaki Takuya

Acer-Manny_RetiredAcer-Manny_Retired Newbie Posts: 4,453 Guru
edited April 2020 in What's Happening
A machine that can code interesting games from scratch

Takuya Matsuzaki is a fourth year student at Digital Hollywood University. As a graduation project, he created the VR game "Enogi" 『絵ノ技』, saying, "I want gamers to experience VR more easily and fun." Cloud distribution is possible using the technology "WebVR" that provides a VR experience on a Web browser. You can now access and play from anywhere in the world. Moreover, it is a work that even people who are not familiar with VR can easily play. The ConceptD 7 laptop helped realized this creation.

Creating an immersive VR experience

"I was really into VR. However, the "UnrealEngine4" used in the prototype production was heavy and my laptop stopped working. I had work on my home desktop for a while, it wasn't possible without a high spec machine. However, having to move the data when working from home and university is difficult. Also, because it is a game that uses body movements, sometimes the laptop needs to be moved to a large space where the gamer can move freely. I needed a portable PC. At that time, I was asked to use ConceptD 7 so the timing was great 😀. This PC has definitely made booting UnrealEngine4 faster, and I feel a clear difference when changing textures or rebuilding."

Artist Profile

Matsuzaki Takuya, influenced by his father he started interacting with computers at a young age. After graduating from high school, he launched a mobile accessory brand, and was in charge of product design and branding. After that, he entered Digital Hollywood University as a special scholarship student. He worked as an marketer intern at Recruit Co., Ltd. and an engineer intern at Tsukuba Co., Ltd. In the second year of college, he worked as a CTO at Builds Inc. as a CTO. Later, he worked on web production as a freelance web director.

Follow Takuya: FB | TW
Follow Acer Japan:  FB | TW | YT 

RELATED PRODUCT

ConceptD 7

• 4K UHD IPS display
  • PANTONE® certified
  • Delta E <2
  • 100% Adobe® RGB gamut

日本語で記事全文はこちら>>