Spire 5 A514-52 Can't get laptop to recognize displays

deenyc
deenyc Member Posts: 2 New User
edited December 2022 in Aspire Laptops
sorry for the rudimentary descriptions.  I have a new aspire 5 A514-52.  I am plugging into a dell thunderbolt dock WD19TB and cant get the laptop to recognize the two associated monitors.  The keyboard through the dock works fine.  I was on with intel support and they hand selected a specific driver that was supposed to fix the issue after reinstalling the graphics card but it didn't help.  I have also plugged one of the monitors in directly via a USB type a/b and that didn't work either as it wouldn't recognize it in the display control even when using the detect function. 

the docking station setup works fine with my work laptop (not acer) so i know it isn't a hardware issue on that side

The connector from the dock has the lightning symbol, could that not be compatible?  if not, i would assume the keyboard wouldn't work but i'm not sure.  Also, it should have worked direct from USB a/b to the laptop so i think it is some type of hardware/driver on the laptop.  The monitors are dell U2419H models if that makes a difference.  

thanks for the assistance.
[Edited the thread to add model name to the title]

Answers

• MaClane
    MaClane ACE Posts: 35,598 Trailblazer
    Good evening deenyc !

Which EXACT model of your laptop?

Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!
    Atenciosamente:  J. MaClane™

If my answer was helpful, leave a Like, flag as Fixed and click Promote!
    Otherwise, I am willing to try to heal your doubts and solve your problems!
    Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!

• deenyc
    deenyc Member Posts: 2 New User
    514-52-78md
  • MadsVen
    MadsVen Member Posts: 1 New User
    I am also having issues that I cannot get a docking station to work on my laptop.  I'm working on an Acer A514-54-77JK.  Is there any docking device that will work for this laptop?  Thanks in advance.
  • VolCall
    VolCall Member Posts: 3 New User

I have a A515-54 series Aspire. I would like to hear that fix from Customer Service regarding the Dell Thunderbolt Docking Station. I have one which is the Dell Model WD15 or K17A. This one has a USB-C from docking station to Acer Aspire.