Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

How to clean your Acer products

Acer-JoseAcer-Jose Administrator Posts: 1,063 Community Administrator
edited March 24 in What's Happening

What is the best way to clean my Acer computer?

Precautions:

1. Never clean your product while system is on. Make sure to disconnect your product from any power source and remove all external devices and cables.
  2. Use only a soft, lint-free cloth to wipe down your product. Avoid using abrasive materials such as abrasive cloths, towels, paper towels or similar materials.
  3. Gently wipe your product to clean it. Do not use excessive pressure or force which may cause permanent damage to the product.
  4. Do not spray any liquid directly onto the product, or allow liquids to get into the gaps of the product. Excessive moisture can damage your product and liquid damages are not covered by the Acer Warranty.
  5. Do not use aerosol sprays, bleaches or abrasive cleaners.
  6. Do not use any liquid that contains Acetone, toluene, ethyl acid, ammonia or methyl chloride.
  7. Do not spray cleaner directly on the LCD panel, and ensure the LCD panel is dry before closing the lid.

Cleaning the LCD panel
Spray 70% isopropyl alcohol on the lint-free cloth and gently wipe the LCD panel. If there are still marks or streaking, gently wipe a dry cloth in the same direction moving from the top of LCD panel to the bottom.

Cleaning the LCD cover, LCD bezel, upper case and lower case
Spray 70% isopropyl alcohol on the lint-free cloth and gently wipe the LCD cover, LCD bezel, upper case and lower case. If there are still marks or stains, moisten the cloth with a neutral cleaner and wipe the dirty areas.

Cleaning the keyboard
Use a small vacuum with brush to clear the keyboard of debris. You can also use a can of compressed air to blow away any particles that are stuck in between keys.

Cleaning the Cooling Vents
The cooling vents allow hot air to flow out of the product to keep it cool. Cooling vents may be located on the side, back and/or bottom of the product. You can use a small vacuum or can of compressed air to remove debris from the cooling vents.

Cleaning the I/O Ports
Use a small vacuum or a can of compressed air to remove any debris that may have accumulated in or around the I/O ports.

Comments

• egydiocoelhoegydiocoelho ACE Posts: 39,466 Trailblazer
    Thanks for that info @Acer-Jose. Some users were using inappropriate alcohol to clean their notebooks during this pandemic period.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
    @Acer-Jose! It would be interesting to translate this article into Portuguese, German, French and Spanish too!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Acer-JoseAcer-Jose Administrator Posts: 1,063 Community Administrator
    @Acer-Jose! It would be interesting to translate this article into Portuguese, German, French and Spanish too!
    They are being translated and should be posted shortly.
    Thanks @Acer-Jose :+1:

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• laurent_14laurent_14 ACE Posts: 8,551 Trailblazer
    I would add in Cleaning the LCD panel, this one must be "cold" otherwise dead pixels could appear.
    France
    In addition to what colleague laurent_14 said, I would like to know if it is recommended to use isopropyl alcohol in IPS displays? @Acer-Jose!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Acer-JoseAcer-Jose Administrator Posts: 1,063 Community Administrator
    I would add in Cleaning the LCD panel, this one must be "cold" otherwise dead pixels could appear.
    Spraying the alcohol on the cloth will lover the temperature.

In addition to what colleague laurent_14 said, I would like to know if it is recommended to use isopropyl alcohol in IPS displays? @Acer-Jose!
    Yes, the alcohol is sprayed on the cloth, not the panel itself.
    Thanks @Acer-Jose!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer