Safety Instructions for Cleaning and Servicing your Acer Product

Acer-JoseAcer-Jose Administrator Posts: 1,146 Community Administrator
edited April 22 in What's Happening

With public health concerns over the SARS-CoV-2 virus and COVID-19 disease, also known as Coronavirus, spreading worldwide, Acer wants customers to have the information they need to effectively clean Acer commercial devices and to assist customers in maintaining a healthy work environment.

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) recommends cleaning surfaces, followed by dis-infection, as a best practice for the prevention of Coronavirus and other viral respiratory illnesses in house-holds and community settings.

What are the recommended procedures for cleaning or servicing my computer?

Cleaning and Disinfecting Your Computer:
When cleaning the computer, follow these steps:

1. Turn off the computer and remove the battery pack if applicable.
  2. Disconnect the AC adapter.
  3. Use a soft, moist cloth. Do not use liquid or aerosol cleaners.
  4. Use a can of compressed air to remove dust from vents, fans and beneath the keys on your keyboard. Make sure your computer is off and unplugged. Hold the can of compressed air upright, and use short bursts of air to blow out the dust. Make sure to follow the manufacturer instructions for using compressed air.
  5. To disinfect your computer, use 70% isopropyl alcohol cleaning wipes to gently clean hard, nonporous external surfaces. Do not use ethyl alcohol or other liquid cleaners.

Cleaning Monitors and Displays:
When cleaning your monitors, follow these steps:

1. Use a soft dry cloth without chemicals for cleaning your monitor. Using abrasive cloth or other materials may damage or scratch your monitor screen.
  2. If wetting your cloth, use 75% alcohol and ensure that you dry the screen immediately.
  3. Gently wipe your product to clean it. Do not use excessive pressure or force which may cause permanent damage to the product.
  4. Excessive pressure and fast wiping motions can cause temporary color distortions to the display if it is on.
  5. Wait at least 2 hours between cleanings.

Product servicing:
Do not attempt to service this product yourself. Opening or removing covers may expose you to dangerous voltage points or other risks. You should contact Acer immediately if you feel your product requires service. Unplug this product from the wall outlet and contact Acer when:

• The power cord or plug is damaged, cut or frayed.
  • Liquid was spilled into the product.
  • The product was exposed to rain or water.
  • The product has been dropped or the case has been damaged.
  • The product exhibits a distinct change in performance, indicating a need for service.
  • The product does not operate normally after following the operating instructions.

Note: A discharge of static electricity from finger or other electrostatic conductors can seriously damage a battery, or other electronic components and cause loss of information. Discharge static electricity by touching an unpainted metal surface before handling an electronic device.

Comments

• egydiocoelhoegydiocoelho ACE Posts: 57,943 Trailblazer
    Thanks for that info @Acer-Jose. Some users were using inappropriate alcohol to clean their notebooks during this pandemic period.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
    @Acer-Jose! It would be interesting to translate this article into Portuguese, German, French and Spanish too!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Acer-JoseAcer-Jose Administrator Posts: 1,146 Community Administrator
    @Acer-Jose! It would be interesting to translate this article into Portuguese, German, French and Spanish too!
    They are being translated and should be posted shortly.
    Thanks @Acer-Jose :+1:

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• laurent_14laurent_14 ACE Posts: 9,204 Trailblazer
    I would add in Cleaning the LCD panel, this one must be "cold" otherwise dead pixels could appear.
    France
    In addition to what colleague laurent_14 said, I would like to know if it is recommended to use isopropyl alcohol in IPS displays? @Acer-Jose!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Acer-JoseAcer-Jose Administrator Posts: 1,146 Community Administrator
    I would add in Cleaning the LCD panel, this one must be "cold" otherwise dead pixels could appear.
    Spraying the alcohol on the cloth will lover the temperature.

In addition to what colleague laurent_14 said, I would like to know if it is recommended to use isopropyl alcohol in IPS displays? @Acer-Jose!
    Yes, the alcohol is sprayed on the cloth, not the panel itself.
    Thanks @Acer-Jose!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• renaZrenaZ Member Posts: 6 New User
    edited April 3
    If I don't have any item he mentioned (compressed air, vacuum with brush), What could I use instead?
    Thanks @Acer-Jose

• LatheryinLatheryin Member Posts: 14

Tinkerer

Just sucks you have to take the whole tower apart due to the bad air flow from a case with only the heat sink fan.