Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Acer Japan Presents: Creators’ Story – Photographer Katō Hikari

Acer-MannyAcer-Manny Acer Crew Posts: 2,940 Acer Crew
edited March 12 in What's Happening

Rich black gradients uncovered by a traveling photographer

Katō Hikari is a photographer that captures scenes and locations in Japan and overseas. She creatively seizes the scenery from her adventures for travel magazines, airlines and tourism offices. She primarily values the contrast of lights and shadows in the landscape.

Hikari initially took pictures of people, but now focuses on travel.  Her main endeavor is to capture the scenery of a destination with a camera, edit it, and submit it to the company that requested it. 

Her work expressed in ConceptD 3 shows her commitment to light and shadow.

Various colors come into view in the shadows

Morning sun and sunset. Hikari often chooses the sun as the subject. The shadows that exist as a contrast of strong light, and the subtle gradation created between them.  In the process of editing her work to bring out this exquisite balance, ConceptD helped unearth a new discovery.

"The most important thing I discovered in this editing work was that I could see a color that I couldn't see before. It used to be just red and blue, but this time I look at the different colors existing between them, through the display I was able to do that."

Artist Profile

Hikari / 加藤光

A photographer that extracts snaps of journeys. In 2013 she became interested in cameras and began taking photography seriously. 

“When I posted on Instagram the number of followers increased and I started to work as a photographer.” Since 2016 she has a travel photo series in the magazine “Hanako”.

Follow Hikari: Web | IG

RELATED PRODUCT

ConceptD 3

• PANTONE® validated Full HD Display
  • Delta E <2
  • 9th Gen Intel® Core™ i7 Processor
  • NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1650 Graphics

日本語で記事全文はこちら>>