NP515-51-56DL - Acer Spin 5 Series Stylus Recommendations?

Relariis
Relariis Member Posts: 4 New User
edited February 2020 in Swift and Spin Series
Hello all,

For those of you out there who have a Spin 5 series laptop -- or just any laptop with Wacom AES digitizers -- what stylus do you use? I was using a Wacom Bamboo Ink on my Nitro Spin 5, but it's starting to show it's age, and looking for a replacement after finding that the Bamboo Ink Plus just doesn't really work for a lot of people (including myself). Is it worth scouring refurbished sites for the old Acer active stylus, or is there something else out there that anyone knows about?

Any input is appreciated~

Answers

• It would be interesting if you provided the exact model. Example: SP513-51-52N8
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Relariis
    Relariis Member Posts: 4 New User
    It would be interesting if you provided the exact model. Example: SP513-51-52N8
    Why should it matter? All of the Spin 5s and Nitro Spin 5s use the same AES digitizer, don't they?
    For whatever it's worth, my version is NP515-51-56DL
  • Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,695 Trailblazer
    edited February 2020
    Maybe that's what you're looking for, to replace the wacom pen
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • aa11
    aa11 Member Posts: 12

Tinkerer

are you not wanting to use the Acer Active Stylus because the one you had stopped working or you lost it? If you have it and it stopped working, you might be able to get it to work again using a troubleshooting method i used on mine. On the side of the active stylus there are to small gold color contacts it's of metal. and inside the storage slot there is a corresponding 2 metal bits that look like bent wires sitting next to each other and when you touch them.. they hae a little bit of a spring to them. And are meant to create contact with the metal bits on the side of the upper part of the pen. When i used the magnifier app to take a look at both of these parts to see their condition. I also cleaned the contacts on the pen with some isopropyl alcohol. And i used a plastic toothpick end with the magnifier to bend the metal so it sat more perpendicular. The idea is t make sure those contacts inside the slot are sitting in a position so they make contact with the contacts on the side of the pen. one of those contacts inside the slots was bent pretty badly. Not knowing exactly what they should look like in new conditions. I bent them a bit to make them sit more perpendicular and stuck the pen with the contact side correctly placed and let it sit for a couple of seconds and then took it out again to test it. And it worked.! My pen was alive again. So this info might be helpful to you too. I also am adding pictures i took of the contacts inside the slot before and after i bent them with the toothpick and pick of the type of toothpick i used. I used an iPhone with a magnifier app to zoom in close to take those pictures and to monitor the view while I was bending the contacts with the toothpick. I think they are still a little twisted.. but for now, at least they are again able to charge the pen. What I would like to see is some way to charge the pen, other than sticking it in the slot..perhaps like an external usb charger for the pen. I just need to know the specs on the charger inside the slot. I presume it is somewhere between a 1.5 and 5-volt dc charger in the slot?