SP513-51-58FW Power issue

User1984
User1984 Member Posts: 17

Tinkerer

edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
Have the spin 513-51. Works fine sometimes but wont stay on or turn on unless connected to power cord. have reset battery it works for a while then same thing happens. 

Any ideas? Do i need to get a new battery installed?

Best Answer

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,672 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    When you run HWInfo64, it opens two windows. On one of them there is a tree at left that includes the battery info.

Answers

• MaClane
    MaClane ACE Posts: 35,598 Trailblazer
    Good afternoon User1984 !

Which EXACT model of your laptop?
    Have you checked the power interrupt button?

Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!
    Atenciosamente:  J. MaClane™

If my answer was helpful, leave a Like, flag as Fixed and click Promote!
    Otherwise, I am willing to try to heal your doubts and solve your problems!
    Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!

• If the model is SP513-51, there is this version of the bios:

Fixed power control. Data: 2016/10/26 Version: 1.03 Vendor: Acer Tamanho: 5.8 MB Download

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • User1984

Tinkerer

SP513-51-58FW
    model N16W1
  • What is the version bios?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • User1984

Tinkerer

Where will i find the version bios? 
  • You can check in the acer care center.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• User1984

Tinkerer

Ok. Will do that and figure out how to find the power interrupt button. 
  • User1984

Tinkerer

The bios version is v1.00
  • User1984

Tinkerer

We tried to do the download you suggested but it says it is not for this notebook. 
  • Can you check the acer care center for your notebook model and bios version?
    Resultado de imagem para acer care center

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• User1984

Tinkerer

here it is
  • I posted a bios version of another model. What happens when you uninstall these drivers and restart windows?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• User1984

Tinkerer

We uninstalled the battery drivers, and restarted the machine, the same thing happens, as soon as we remove the power charger the screen goes black and there is nothing
  • OK! Enter the bios, go to the main tab and press ctrl + s. Then change the sata mode to ahci.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• User1984

Tinkerer

The sata mode is already set to AHCI
  • Have you checked the battery status with hwinfo64?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• User1984

Tinkerer

Whats that?
  • It is a program that analyzes the hardware.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• User1984

Tinkerer

i will check into that. Thanks
  • User1984

Tinkerer

i downloaded the hwinfo program. How do I check the battery status? I just see a system summary window