Nitro AN517-51 plugged in and charging, but it isn't

lukashefskiz
lukashefskiz Member Posts: 1 New User
edited December 2023 in 2020 Archives
Hello all, and thank you in advance for any advice. I purchased about 2 months ago a Nitro AN517-51 have loved it so far, except for one rather annoying problem. About a month ago I noticed that the laptop when it is plugged in will say it is plugged in and charging, but it will not actually charge the battery. It remains at whatever percentage it is at. 
After researching a bit, I deleted the battery drivers, shut the computer down, unplugged the adapter, disconnected the battery, reconnected the battery, plugged it back in, and restarted the computer. 
Lo and behold it worked and the laptop behaved normally for about two weeks, before it did it again. I did the same thing and it worked a second time. It has been about two or three weeks and today, I noticed it is doing it again. 

Any suggestions on how I might fix this problem permanently? 

Answers

• andylb
    andylb ACE Posts: 3,827 Pathfinder
    You have performed what is known as a battery reset which often resolves this problem however in your case it seems temporary. Considering that you have already deleted and reinstalled the battery drivers I fear it's a bad battery and my advice is to return it under warranty for a battery replacement. Link to your support site is below. If I have answered your question kindly click YES

https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/support

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    Thank you and have a blessed day  B)

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• AMSunrise
    AMSunrise Member Posts: 7 New User
    Nitro AN517-51 plugged in not charging.  Hi, I'm new as well, just got a new Nitro AN517-51, while setting it up noticed that the battery is not charging.  Please outline the process to reset the battery, I want to be sure I get this right.  Or should I just call customer service since it's brand new?  Thanks in advance!
  • andylb
    andylb ACE Posts: 3,827 Pathfinder
    AMSunrise said:
    Nitro AN517-51 plugged in not charging.  Hi, I'm new as well, just got a new Nitro AN517-51, while setting it up noticed that the battery is not charging.  Please outline the process to reset the battery, I want to be sure I get this right.  Or should I just call customer service since it's brand new?  Thanks in advance!

@AMSunrise Please start a Topic of your own for your question, thankyou

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    Thank you and have a blessed day  B)

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★