AN517-51-530N - Laptop not turning on

Beethovengenius123
Beethovengenius123 Member Posts: 14

Tinkerer

edited January 2020 in Nitro Gaming
I bought a refurbished Acer Nitro 5 and it arrived today but it won't turn on for me, I've had it charging for a few hours and there's a blue light near the charging site. 

Answers

• What is the exact model of notebook? Example A515-51-57VH. You try reset the battery? 
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Beethovengenius123

Tinkerer

On the back it says AN517-51-530N
  • Beethovengenius123

Tinkerer

What is the exact model of notebook? Example A515-51-57VH. You try reset the battery? 
    And no I don't know how to reset the battery 
  • Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Beethovengenius123

Tinkerer

My laptop doesn't seem to have any place to reset it like in the link you shared 
  • andylb
    andylb ACE Posts: 3,827 Pathfinder
    My laptop doesn't seem to have any place to reset it like in the link you shared 

Your model does not have the pin hole for the battery reset. Instead Unplug your laptop and hold the power button down for 12 seconds then leave the laptop alone for 15 minutes, then plug back in until fully charged, now try to turn it on.

Please click YES if I have answered your question

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    Thank you and have a blessed day  B)

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• Beethovengenius123

Tinkerer

Hmm I've tried all of the above suggestions with no success unfortunately 
  • Have you checked that all the screws in the lower case are properly attached to the chassis? I ask this, as it is quite possible that the interlock button is not being pressed correctly.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Beethovengenius123

Tinkerer

Have you checked that all the screws in the lower case are properly attached to the chassis? I ask this, as it is quite possible that the interlock button is not being pressed correctly.
    I'm not sure but it seems pretty solid and tight, doesn't appear to be any looseness 
  • but make sure that all screws are properly fixed. Also, can you still replace the notebook with the seller?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Beethovengenius123

Tinkerer

but make sure that all screws are properly fixed. Also, can you still replace the notebook with the seller?
    Yeah I've been in contact with the seller and their technician will be in contact with me on Monday, might have to send it back to be replaced. 
  • Do you know why the notebook came back to the factory? I ask this, as you stated that the model is refurbished.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Beethovengenius123

Tinkerer

Do you know why the notebook came back to the factory? I ask this, as you stated that the model is refurbished.
    No idea
  • Beethovengenius123

Tinkerer

andylb said:

Your model does not have the pin hole for the battery reset. Instead Unplug your laptop and hold the power button down for 12 seconds then leave the laptop alone for 15 minutes, then plug back in until fully charged, now try to turn it on.

I'll give it a go 
  • Beethovengenius123

Tinkerer

andylb said:

Tried that and it's still not turning on for me 
  • Beethovengenius123

Tinkerer

andylb said:

Tried that and it's still not turning on for me 
  • HasanGokce
    HasanGokce Member Posts: 1 New User

My model: AC517-51

Working solution for me:
    • Disassembly laptop cover with a screwer
    • Remove battery pin and put it again

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wlcR2P1FNFc&ab_channel=SMDSpain