Predator Helios 300 New Keyboard Issue!!! - Predator Helios 300 PH315-52

Options
Velichko
Velichko Member Posts: 4 New User
edited October 2020 in Predator Laptops
Hello there,
I have recently bought this product like a week ago because I wanted to get better gaming quality experience.
However, I have seen that the keyboard is not working properly. For example when i am holding down 1 and 2 keys it doesnt register the 3rd key. So it doesn't register every 3rd consecutive key. If I hold down 1, 2 and 4 it works. If I hold 1, 2 and 3, the key 3 doesn't get registered. Same goes for if I hold 2, 3 and 4, 4 doesn't get registered. It turns out that the third consecutive key is not working when I am holding other two keys. For example, when I hold one and two, three is not working and it is the same for both letters and numbers. 
Therefore, my question is how should I fix this issue as it is essential for the games I am playing?

I am very frustrated with this issue and have no idea what to do, I've been reading online for the past week to try to find a solution to this issue, but it seems like it can be driver or keyboard fault.

Product Details: 
Acer Predator Helios 300 PH315-52 15.6-inch Gaming Laptop - Intel Core i7-9750H, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD and 1TB HDD, Nvidia GeForce RTX 2060, Full HD 144Hz Display, Windows 10

Answers

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    First verify that the problem remains while uninstalling the keyboard driver and verify that the problem remains in safe mode.
    Check here my friend: 
    BIOS Supports new LCD panel Data: 2019/10/21 Version: 1.08 Vendor: Acer Tamanho: 8.9 MB Download
    BIOS Adds keyboard scan code Data: 2019/08/19 Version: 1.06 Vendor: Acer Tamanho: 8.9 MB Download

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • belik
    belik Member Posts: 397 Seasoned Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Options
    Looks more like a software issue, restore you windows by alt+f10 without connection to the internet and recheck
  • Velichko
    Options
    @belik
    Could It be because the BIOS version is updated to the latest version?
    Is there anyway that i can revert it to the previous one?
    If I reset the windows, does it automatically revert the BIOS updates too, because it might work on other BIOS version? However, I do not know how to revert it back from 1.08
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    It is recommended whenever the user updates the bios, press f9 to restore the bios and then f10 to save on exit. This way, you will fix possible bugs. It is also recommended to reset the battery. To do this, turn off the notebook and disconnect the power adapter. Then press the power button for 12 seconds.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • belik
    belik Member Posts: 397 Seasoned Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Options
    Velichko said:
    @belik
    Could It be because the BIOS version is updated to the latest version?
    Is there anyway that i can revert it to the previous one?
    If I reset the windows, does it automatically revert the BIOS updates too, because it might work on other BIOS version? However, I do not know how to revert it back from 1.08
    No
    no
    no
  • Velichko
    Options
    I have just spent an hour in reseting the windows. It was not working after the reset either. I have tested the keyboard before connecting to internet right after windows was reseted. It is still not working. 
    It really could help if anyone have similar kind of this acer product and test this out so I know if it is been like this, because when I called technical support they could not test it dur to the lack of laptops available. Or if you can think of any other possible fix, please do let me know!
  • XdxD
    XdxD Member Posts: 1,583 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    Options
    Velichko said:
    I have just spent an hour in reseting the windows. It was not working after the reset either. I have tested the keyboard before connecting to internet right after windows was reseted. It is still not working. 
    It really could help if anyone have similar kind of this acer product and test this out so I know if it is been like this, because when I called technical support they could not test it dur to the lack of laptops available. Or if you can think of any other possible fix, please do let me know!
    My 2017's model doesn't have this issue. Maybe get it replaced if still within return period.
    Trying to do my best here - Your happy Predator owner =)!
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Did you check my previous tip?
    It is recommended whenever the user updates the bios, press f9 to restore the bios and then f10 to save on exit. This way, you will fix possible bugs. It is also recommended to reset the battery. To do this, turn off the notebook and disconnect the power adapter. Then press the power button for 12 seconds.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Velichko
    Options
    egydiocoelho
    The problem remains after re-installing keyboard drivers using the ones that you provided as well as in safe mode.
    BIOS is updated to the latest version 1.08.
    @belik
    What exactly do you mean by restoring windows with alt+f10?

• wilkeeh
    wilkeeh Member Posts: 8

Tinkerer

Options
    Hi, i have exact the same problem lol is it fixed?
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    @wilkeeh the same problem occurs when updating the bios to version 1.12?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• denversy24
    denversy24 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    got the same problem here, got any solutions?
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    @denversy24 Your model is ph315-52 and what is the bios version?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Nitin_
    Nitin_ Member Posts: 4 New User
    Options
    Hello there
    I have purchased Predator Helios 300 PH315-53 in October 2020 and I'm too facing keyboard issues. The keys wouldn't register on the windows search menu neither the settings menu, however I have no problem with MS-word or writing emails or even searching on Google i.e. keyboard is typing fine when I'm writing a email or googling something but the keyboard isn't typing on the windows search menu or settings menu. I have bios version 1.08.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    @Nitin_Ideally, you should ask a new question: https://community.acer.com/en/post/question/

egydiocoelho Trailblazer