Acer S1003 sleep battery drain and slow BIOS boot - Acer One 10

FrKn
FrKn Member Posts: 5 New User
edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
Hi,
I have purchased my S1003 11PX Bios 1.19 (Acer One 10) in december 2019, and it works as expected, however:
- when turning it on, the Acer logo is displayed for around 2-3 minutes (before Win10 boot activity indicator is displayed) - after booting, it works, but my legacy and still working ICONIA TAB 8W with Win8.1 boots in 10 seconds from pressing power
- the battery is drained when the device is in sleep mode around 5-6% an hour, and it is exhausted overnight. Even if it is in airplane mode, or live tiles are off. The Tab 8w stays for 3-4 days in sleep mode.

Is this a normal behavior for this tablet or should I return it for service?

Thanks in advance!

Best Answer

• FrKn
    edited January 2020 Answer ✓
    Hi,

Just received the tablet back, the report says, that motherboard is replaced, bios updated, OS reinstalled.
    I'm testing battery draining, but booting seems to be as fast as on Iconia Tab8W.

I'm a bit upset, that I didn't take it back to the shop within 14 days in december to receive a brand new, rather than now having a 1 month old already repaired :)

Answers

• Have you updated the bios to version 1.19? Or has the laptop shipped with version 1.19? If you have updated the bios, press f9 and then f10 to restore the bios and to fix any bugs. On the battery, make sure USB 3.0 port charging is enabled in acer quick access and disable this function.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,700 Trailblazer
    That sounds like much more than the normal boot time...
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • FrKn
    edited January 2020
    Hi,
    Thanks for your response.
    I have measured the booting time, which is 40 sec but only during Acer logo before the activity spinner appears.
    The tablet came with 1.19 already...

The Quick Access is not installed on this device, and I have found it for Win81 only on official Acer site. Is it ok to install it to disable this feature?

Thanks,

• About slowness, have you ever tried to restore the bios, as I reported earlier? If your tablet has a usb 3.0 port that lets you charge devices when it's off, acer quick access can help you:
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • FrKn
    edited January 2020
    Hi! Thanks for the help, I called the service, they suggested to reset Win10, however after reboot, it reported an error and couldn't advance in installation anyhow. I have sent it back to service...
    Bests
  • Did you mean you sent the device to the Acer service center?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• FrKn
    edited January 2020
    Hi, yes because it's only one month old and covered by guarantee. If it weren't covered I would try reinstalling from USB stick or so.
    However they've just notified me about waiting for some parts to repair, and might take longer. So seems to be some more serious hardware issue.

Bests,

• Ok Post the result here.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• FrKn
    edited January 2020 Answer ✓
    Hi,

Just received the tablet back, the report says, that motherboard is replaced, bios updated, OS reinstalled.
    I'm testing battery draining, but booting seems to be as fast as on Iconia Tab8W.

I'm a bit upset, that I didn't take it back to the shop within 14 days in december to receive a brand new, rather than now having a 1 month old already repaired :)