CB3-431 does replacing the charger solve the problem?

amiavalueduser
amiavalueduser Member Posts: 4 New User
edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
My CB3-431 is not running on battery power, even though the system is reporting 100% charge and 100% Battery health through battery_test command in the crosh terminal and the chrome://system >> power_supply_info section reports 34.9399 Wh energy, as shown in the two screenshots below. The battery reporting is not always working though. Sometimes battery_info will report no battery detected and sometimes chrome://system will have missing or different information. This computer did go unused for almost a year with another fault that I repaired only to discover this issue crop up.

Best Answer

• amiavalueduser
    Answer ✓
    I ended up ordering a cheap-ish used battery on ebay to test with and it worked like a charm. Now to see if the original can be reconditioned somehow. It barely got used before going dormant.

Answers

• wfrendo
    wfrendo Member Posts: 6 New User
    from what i can tell, the easiest option would be to either wipe the computer or just replace the battery,
    as there may be programs causing the effects to the battery
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,719 Trailblazer
    If there is a battery reset under the laptop you could try that. Next step is to do the reset manually by disconnecting, bleeding the residual power with the power button then reassembling after 15-30 minutes. If neither of those help likely the battery has gotten too low to recharge.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • amiavalueduser
    wfrendo said:
    from what i can tell, the easiest option would be to either wipe the computer or just replace the battery,
    as there may be programs causing the effects to the battery
    I have Powerwashed twice to see if it would help. no difference.
  • amiavalueduser
    Answer ✓
    I ended up ordering a cheap-ish used battery on ebay to test with and it worked like a charm. Now to see if the original can be reconditioned somehow. It barely got used before going dormant.