MS 7869 Ver. 1.0 Motherboard Manual Aspire ATC-605-UB11

joschroth
joschroth Member Posts: 17 Troubleshooter
edited March 1 in 2020 Archives
I've been looking online for a manual to my motherboard but have not found one yet.

It's a MS-7869 Ver. 1.0 in an Aspire ATC-605-UB11.

I'm planning on doing dome upgrades and would like a copy of the motherboard manual before I start.

You guys have done a fantastic job answering my other questions so I'm hoping someone has a link to the the manual.

Thanks.

Answers

• MaClane
    MaClane ACE Posts: 35,598 Trailblazer
    Good evening joschroth !

The service manual is not provided to the end user.
    What do you really need to know?

Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!
    Atenciosamente:  J. MaClane™

If my answer was helpful, leave a Like, flag as Fixed and click Promote!
    Otherwise, I am willing to try to heal your doubts and solve your problems!
    Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!

• joschroth
    joschroth Member Posts: 17 Troubleshooter
    I want to replace the power supply and would like a schematic to make sure I get all the power connectors back in place on the motherboard if possible.

It would be easier for me if I had a drawing or photo of where all the power connectors go. I know how to power the DVD and HDD drive. I haven't updated a motherboard in a while and while I'm sure I could figure it out with the help of my brother-in-law, I would just feel better if I had a schematic. 

Thanks.
  • MaClane
    MaClane ACE Posts: 35,598 Trailblazer
    In this case, most current PSUs have multiple connectors.
    So it is quite possible that someone is left.
    It will depend on which brand and model you will purchase.
    This is not a problem at all.
    The slots on the motherboard are standard in format, with no way to "swap" or "err".
    The easiest way in these cases is to take pictures (on the smartphone for example) to map the fittings.

Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!
    Atenciosamente:  J. MaClane™

If my answer was helpful, leave a Like, flag as Fixed and click Promote!
    Otherwise, I am willing to try to heal your doubts and solve your problems!
    Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,719 Trailblazer
    As MaClane says it's tough to hook things up wrong, pretty much all the connectors are keyed to only go one one way. Where you can get things wrong is by plugging the wrong fans into the wrong ports, and they don't go directly back to the PSU, they get their power from the MB power instead of directly from the supply. This may help a bit:

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • HABU_CC
    HABU_CC Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

Hello, I have been searching for the same schematic.
    I found this layout for the MS-7869 VER 1.0  (the previous post shows a different motherboard)
    Can someone identify the callouts in this layout (like the previous post has) for a novice hungry for knowledge :)

Thank you

• HABU_CC
    HABU_CC Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

wow, thank you!  That was quick :)
  • Sham70
    Sham70 Member Posts: 1 New User
    edited April 2020
    Hi. Thank you for the above info. I am current using aspire xc605 with the same motherboard. Unfortunately the power supply just ceased to function. If I would like to upgrade the power supply with a new casing, can the motherboard support 500w powersupply? 
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,719 Trailblazer
    Wattage of a power supply just defines the maximum power than it will provide. If your system uses less power than the max there's no issue except it'll run cooler. :)
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.