Second SSD installation on Acer Nitro 2019 - AN515-54-54W2

Rafiyel
Rafiyel Member Posts: 3 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hi,
For some reason, The screws that hold the SSD tray are very tight to unscrew, I've tried the right screwdriver for it and it still very difficult to unscrew. I've even tried various slightly similar screwdriver sizes and even tried to use the "rubber band" technique to provide more friction, but it is still hard to unscrew. I have no problem unscrewing the other types of screws in the Laptop.

How can I fix this? Is there any proper method or a special screwdriver for this?

Answers

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,695 Trailblazer
    edited November 2019
    What is the exact model of the notebook? Example an515-51-75kz. If you are having difficulty loosening the screw, it is best to send it to your Acer service center, as if you continue to try to loosen the screw and damage any components or the motherboard, you will void the warranty.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Rafiyel
     the model is AN515-54-54W2, https://www.bestbuy.com/site/acer-nitro-5-15-6-gaming-laptop-intel-core-i5-8gb-memory-nvidia-geforce-gtx-1050-256gb-solid-state-drive-black/6344383.p?skuId=6344383 . I'm wondering is it really common that those silver screws for the ssd's are hard to unscrew?
  • Can you send a screenshot of the screws you are unable to unscrew?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Rafiyel
    edited December 2019

Here's that type of screw. I don't know if I'm not unscrewing it the right way or they just tighten that screw for ssd so much? is it common that the screws in SSD are very hard to unscrew? or is it just me?

I used a lot of different sizes that normally fits most of the other screws but that particular silver screws are very hard to unscrew for some reason. My nitro 5 has two M.2 ssd trays and there 3 of that silver screws that covers those ssds, all are hard to unscrew.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,695 Trailblazer
    edited December 2019
    Tem um outro usuário aqui na comunidade, que se eu não me engano, possui o mesmo notebook e o mesmo problema nesse parafuso. Isso parece ser excesso de torque na minha opinião.

There is another user here in the community who, if I'm not mistaken, has the same notebook and the same problem with this screw. This seems to be excess torque in my opinion.

[Edited the content. Translated the post language to English using Google Translator as user posted in Portuguese language. Acer-Harvey]

egydiocoelho Trailblazer