Acer Aspire E15-522 Restarts Randomly On It's Own - Please Help

Respostas

• EsmaGraham
    EsmaGraham Member Posts: 33 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    editado novembro 2019
    JackE said:
    >>>when I leave my laptop on at night and wake up in the morning it will be on the sign on screen like it restarted on it's own>>>
    >>>I'm looking to resolve this problem that I'm having where it's doing it while playing games or watching Netflix.>>>

Please look at your first post again. Restarting while game playing & restarting while sitting idle overnight can be due to two completely different issues. If the latter, then pull the plug to see what happens for a few mornings. If the former, then to either rule in or rule out a hardware issue, I suggest that you back up your system and do a full erase everything factory reset as shown in the video below. If the issue persists after a factory reset, then it is most likely a hardware related issue. Jack E/NJ

I did the whole Factory Reset around October.15th around that date.

Instead doing it how you showed I booted of a USB that has Windows 10 ISO on it.

I had to download drivers and everything from Acer's website for the laptop that Windows Update didn't find.

It had not done it after this date while playing a game or watching Netflix until Friday November 8th at 1:30am.

Only thing new that I installed from Oct.15th to November.8th date is ITunes and Acer Quick access that's it nothing more.

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,467 Trailblazer
    Sorry, the Microsoft generic Win10 iso install is NOT the same as the ACER specific Win10 factory reset from the hidden ACER recovery partition as shown in the ALT+F10 cold boot reset video posted earlier. The generic Win10 system iso is a different Win10 version and interact differently with the ACER drivers than with the original ACER factory version of Win10.  Furthermore, the generic Win10 install sometimes overwrites the ACER hidden partition in which case your only option is to purchase the original ACER factory Win10 version on a USB stick. About $50 if you're in the US or Canada.   I suggest that you try the ALT+F10 cold boot reset. If the hidden recovery partition is still intact, it should return your laptop Win10 system files and all the correct ACER device drivers to a factory fresh state. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• EsmaGraham
    editado novembro 2019
    Then Windows Update found most of all the Drivers, Anything it didn't find like the Acer Quick Access and the VGA_AMD_15.200.1065.0_W10x64_A which I downloaded and installed.
    Anything other then the BIOS Drivers for Drivers that was available after doing the Serial number check to find my laptop on Acer's website I downloaded and installed since I don't want to fiddle around with something that important and I wouldn't even know how to install.
    I'm just testing this as a maybe issue but I uninstalled Acer Quick Access this morning to see maybe if that was causing my issue since the restart started to happen ONLY after I installed that I might be right or wrong if i'm wrong I will install it again only if it does it again.

• JackE
    Good luck. Just be aware that the generic Win10 version that you installed and the ACER driver updates that you installed  are NEITHER the ACER factory installed Win10 version NOR the ACER factory installed drivers. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• EsmaGraham
    editado novembro 2019
    Well my Core Temp temperatures have dropped without Acer Quick Access.

Does not usually get above this now below 

50 Range of CPU Temperature 

80 Range of RAM Usage

45 Range of Procceor Load 

So unless I'm needing the BIOS update I think I'm better this way I will keep you updated though if it happens again.
  • JackE
    OK. Thanks. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• EsmaGraham

Event ID 10016 Crashed my Laptop

The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Launch permission for the COM Server application with CLSID
    Windows.SecurityCenter.WscCloudBackupProvider
     and APPID
    Unavailable
     to the user DESKTOP-2HIEDM0\YunaA SID (S-1-5-21-3039953079-718832708-3388447765-1001) from address LocalHost (Using LRPC) running in the application container Unavailable SID (Unavailable). This security permission can be modified using the Component Services administrative tool.

• JackE
    >>> I did the whole Factory Reset around October.15th around that date.>>>Instead doing it how you showed I booted of a USB that has Windows 10 ISO on it.>>>Event ID 10016 Crashed my Laptop>>>

No. You still have not done an ACER factory Win10 reset from the hidden ACER recovery partition via the ALT+F10 cold boot method.

The generic Win10 iso that you downloaded from Microsoft and installed is NOT the ACER factory Win10 version. Unfortunately, this generic Microsoft Win10 version may have overwritten the hidden ACER-specific Win10 recovery partition.

However, if the hidden ACER partition is still intact, the ALT+F10 cold boot reset may still work. But sorry, unless you try this ALT+F10 reset, a likely hardware or software issue cannot be ruled in or ruled out.

Jack E/NJ 

Jack E/NJ

• EsmaGraham
    Wouldn't All Partions Show up in the link of how I showed you that I did it?

I remember having to delete 4 Partions I don't remember if one them said Acer or Acer Hidden since it was awhile ago
  • JackE
    >>>I remember having to delete 4 Partions>>

Usually there are only 3 partitions.

The first partition is the boot partition that the BIOS must see before Windows can boot. The second partition is the actual Windows boot partition, usually referred to as the C : \  drive partition which you can see in FileExplorer. The third partition is the hidden recovery partition which originally was the ACER factory Win10 recovery version.

Since you recall deleting more than 3 partitions, I'd hafta guess that the ACER factory version is now gone and replaced by the Microsoft generic version.

So unless you try the ALT+F10 cold boot reset and get the recovery screen as shown in the video, we'll never know if the ACER version was in fact replaced or not. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• EsmaGraham
    editado novembro 2019
    Well with a new build version of Windows supposedly releasing this week sometime should I wait until that's released?

Or should I try and do it tonight like around 12 midnight ??
  • JackE
    You've been dealing with it this long, might as well wait. Even though 1909 allegedly won't be as much of a major update as the previous 6-8 month major releases.  Miracles sometime happen, I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.  :)   Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• EsmaGraham
    Yeah the 1909 Update is the one I was thinking of.

Hopefully this comes out this week like there saying cause I'm getting tired of this issue.
  • EsmaGraham
    Well I tried the Alt and F10 key did nothing for me :(
  • JackE
    What do you mean by 'did nothing'?  Did the ACER recovery screen appear and the ACER factory reset completed? Or didn't it?  Jack E/NJ 

Jack E/NJ

• EsmaGraham
    editado novembro 2019
    I mean when I followed the video you posted about the ALT+F10 brought up nothing for me
    It just loaded into Windows like it normally would.
    With my husband having the same excat laptop I can get him to try ....... But is there a way to exit out of it if he's able to get into it?
    He doesn't want to do the restore like you showed in the video we just want test if it will show up for him with the ALT+F10 or not
  • JackE
    Sure, he can try it on his machine and then just cancel.

For your machine, you can try to enter the BIOS menu when you turn the machine on by tapping the F2 key. Check that the D2D recovery option is enabled in the BIOS MAIN tab. Then press F10 to save BIOS settings and exit. Shut the machine off again. Then turn it back on and immediately try the ALT+F10 cold boot reset procedure again. If you still don't get the recovery screen as shown in the video, then the Microsoft generic Win10 has likely deleted the hidden ACER recovery partition.The only way to get the original factory Win10 back is to purchase the original factory Win10 installation stick if you live in the US or Canada from the ACER store. About $50 USD. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• EsmaGraham
    I have talked to at least 2 different people with the same laptop and they told me to uninstall Melwarebytes that was the issue for them no matter what they tried it concluded it was that.

Another person told me he had the same issue with a tower computer that Melwarebytes was restarting his tower.

Since I uninstalled Melwarebytes I noticed a huge difference in how my laptop restarted so quick and images in games loaded up even more quicker

I won't let me purchase it from the Acer store maybe cause I live in Canada?

I found where I could purchase it and it wouldn't let me change the country to Canada.

Is it possible that my husband could make the Recovery USB through Acer Care Center and send it to me without purchasing it?

• JackE
    >>>Nope I only open Melwarebytes when I do a scan on it weekly >>>
    >>>I have talked to at least 2 different people with the same laptop and they told me to uninstall Melwarebytes that was the issue for them no matter what they tried it concluded it was that.>>>

We discussed this Malwarebytes issue earlier. You claimed  that you only did a weekly scan. A manual weekly scan is  a whole lot different than Malwarebytes automatically running in the background every time you boot up. As previously mentioned, it must be uninstalled not just disabled!

As for the ACER factory Win10 installation stick, you must go to this link, enter your machine's serial number id (SNID), and you should be able to get this original installation in Canada  https://store.acer.com/en-ca/extended/recovery/

Don't try to use your husband's machine because it has a different serial number id (SNID) than your's even if it is exactly the same model.

Jack E/NJ 

Jack E/NJ

• EsmaGraham
    editado novembro 2019
    Yeah that's the link I went to it wouldn't let me change country to Canada

Maybe because the laptop was bought in the United States??

I moved back to Canada in June 2018 and brought it back with me.