Input not supported, need 1920x1080 - Acer V206HQL

Zifnab
Zifnab Member Posts: 3 New User
edited February 16 in 2019 Archives
I have 4 Acer V206HQL monitors that seem stuck at 800x600 resolution and show Input Not Supported. The PCs are running Linux (I don't know the version and these are locked down; changing the resolution on the Linux boxes is NOT an option). I have 6 other (older) V206HQL monitors and they are working fine at 1920x1080 resolution. When I connect a Windows 10 PC, the resolution changes, but as soon as I plug the Linux PC back in, the resolution drops to 800x600. Is there a way to manually change the resolution of the 4 problem monitors?

Answers

• MaClane
    MaClane ACE Posts: 35,598 Trailblazer
    Good afternoon Zifnab !

By their description the monitors have no physical or connection problems, only the configurations of Linux distributions.

What Linux version is installed?
    Are the proprietary drivers properly updated?

What type of connection are you using?

Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!
    Atenciosamente:  J. MaClane™

If my answer was helpful, leave a Like, flag as Fixed and click Promote!
    Otherwise, I am willing to try to heal your doubts and solve your problems!
    Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!

• Zifnab
    It is not a problem with the Linux distribution, as the other 6 monitors are not having a problem at all, and they are same model as the ones I am trying to use now. As the Linux PCs are locked down, I do not have any access to change the display settings, nor should I have to if they work fine when connected to the other monitors. On the V206HQL monitors that work, the resolution starts at 800x600 during the bootup, then changes to 1920x1080 when the GUI starts. On the new V206HQL monitors, the resolution stays at 800x600 and shows Input Not Supported. On all of them I am using a display port to VGA connection.
  • Zifnab
    Was there a change made to the V206HQL monitors in the past 2 years? The monitors that do work fine at 1920x1080 all are from 2017; the ones that do not work are 2019.
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,672 Trailblazer
    Here's what the service manual calls out:
    I wonder if they did some sort of scaling before?
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.