Does Acer automatically detect my email and register your computer? nitro 5

C4_and_Waffles
C4_and_Waffles Member Posts: 2 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
I got an email thanking me for registering my new laptop. It's a nitro 5. But I didn't register my device nor did I fill out any forms. I did go to their website, I don't remember logging in and all I did was look up bios drivers. I need to know if this brand new computer is compromised or what

Best Answer

• Manny-Acer_Retired
    Manny-Acer_Retired Newbie Posts: 4,453 Guru
    Answer ✓
    Hi all,

During the initial setup, you are prompted to register your Acer device, the registration creates an Acer ID account that allows you to get personalized product updates and support, the system will complete the first time setup and then you will be sent an email to activate your Acer ID account (and this is the email you are receiving).

Please see the article here

Thank you,
    Acer-Manny

Answers

• C4_and_Waffles
    C4_and_Waffles Member Posts: 2 New User
    this is the email I received from acer
  • Torstar23
    Torstar23 Member Posts: 1 New User
    I recieved the exact same email when i bought my nitro 5 very wierd, but idnt register it either.

No comments from Acer????
  • Manny-Acer_Retired
    Manny-Acer_Retired Newbie Posts: 4,453 Guru
    Answer ✓
    Hi all,

During the initial setup, you are prompted to register your Acer device, the registration creates an Acer ID account that allows you to get personalized product updates and support, the system will complete the first time setup and then you will be sent an email to activate your Acer ID account (and this is the email you are receiving).

Please see the article here

Thank you,
    Acer-Manny
This discussion has been closed.