VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR after update Windows 10 1903- Swift 3 SF314-54G

rizalsr18
rizalsr18 Member Posts: 17 Troubleshooter
edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
Hello
I recently updated my acer Swift 3 SF314-54G to Windows 10 1903 via Windows update and i got VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR after i updated.
Can somebody help me with this issue ?
(Sorry for my bad english)

Best Answers

• GrubertBO
    GrubertBO Member Posts: 2 New User
    Answer ✓
    Just to let you know I have my laptop sf315-52g back from repair. They exchanged the mainboard, and now everything works as expected.
    Would recommend to get in touch with Acer support and hopefully they will do a courtesy exchange even if it is out of warranty.
  • rizalsr18
    edited December 2019 Answer ✓
    Just an update a week ago my SF314-54g was repaired by the Acer service center. They update my bios from V 1.14 to V.1.16 and they restore Windows to Recovery image. Now my laptop working properly without any BSOD error like before. I think bring your laptop to Acer Service Center is the best solution for this Issue.

Answers

• rizalsr18
    from 1803 to 1903

• EduardasIvanovas
    EduardasIvanovas Member Posts: 2 New User
    Did You solved this problem? Same situation with my SF314-52G.
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,663 Trailblazer
    Try booting in safe mode then do an upgrade to the video drivers. If you can't uninstall the drivers instead and let them reinstall after rebooting normally.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • EduardasIvanovas
    EduardasIvanovas Member Posts: 2 New User
    Nothing helped. Power state failure and Dxgkrnl Error. I returned to the old Windows version 1803 from 1903.
  • rizalsr18
    edited November 2019
    billsey said:
    Try booting in safe mode then do an upgrade to the video drivers. If you can't uninstall the drivers instead and let them reinstall after rebooting normally.
    Thank you in advance for your solution but with that solution, the BSOD still occurs but when I disable Nvidia driver my laptop working properly without any BSOD error.

*Sorry for bad English
  • billsey
    OK, likely either Nvidia or Microsoft will do a fix for it then. Maybe with the expected November update to 1909.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • rizalsr18
    edited November 2019
    billsey said:
    OK, likely either Nvidia or Microsoft will do a fix for it then. Maybe with the expected November update to 1909.
    Update

I recently updated my Acer Swift from 1903 to November Update (1909) but still, the same BSOD occurs. I think Nvidia driver isn't compatible with Windows 10 1809 or higher.

• billsey
    OK, which version of the NVIDIA drivers are running? Are they the current ones from the Acer support site or the current ones from the NVIDIA support site, or older ones from either?
  • rizalsr18
    edited November 2019
    billsey said:
    OK, which version of the NVIDIA drivers are running? Are they the current ones from the Acer support site or the current ones from the NVIDIA support site, or older ones from either?
    Now I'm using Nvidia driver version 419.17 and I downloaded from windows update. I tried to install it from the Acer support site and Nvidia site but still, BSOD occurs.
  • rizalsr18
    both Nvidia and Intel are installed from Windows update.
  • billsey
    It looks like the drivers Windows Update provides are older than the ones NVIDIA has on their website. See if NVIDIA allows updating from their version they are shipping.
  • rizalsr18
    billsey said:
    It looks like the drivers Windows Update provides are older than the ones NVIDIA has on their website. See if NVIDIA allows updating from their version they are shipping.
    Thank you for your reply. I will try your solution and I will update this thread if BSOD still occurs or not.
  • rizalsr18
    edited November 2019
    billsey said:
    I already update my Nvidia driver from their official website but the BSOD (VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR and DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE) still occurs. I also update my Intel graphics driver from Intel DSA. 

Nvidia driver version 441.20
    Intel driver version 26.20.100.7463 (DCH)
  • billsey
    Dang, we're starting to run out of options. You could go the SFC/DISM path to verify the Windows build is not corrupted.
  • GrubertBO
    This is a known problem with laptops with an Intel 620 NVIDIA MX150 Combo. There are several threads concerning this problem on Microsoft’s community site. Both Acer and Asus machines are affected, and till now there is no solution.
    I have the same problem with a sf315-52g. Acer has ny laptop in for a “repair”. Hopefully they will find a solution.
  • rizalsr18
    edited December 2019
    billsey said:
    Dang, we're starting to run out of options. You could go the SFC/DISM path to verify the Windows build is not corrupted.
    GrubertBO said:
    This is a known problem with laptops with an Intel 620 NVIDIA MX150 Combo. There are several threads concerning this problem on Microsoft’s community site. Both Acer and Asus machines are affected, and till now there is no solution.
    I have the same problem with a sf315-52g. Acer has ny laptop in for a “repair”. Hopefully they will find a solution.

I already do that but BSOD still occurs. I think Acer Service Center can fix this issues and Now my laptop is on Service center hopefully Acer can fix my issue. 

Sorry bad english
  • GrubertBO
    Answer ✓
    Just to let you know I have my laptop sf315-52g back from repair. They exchanged the mainboard, and now everything works as expected.
    Would recommend to get in touch with Acer support and hopefully they will do a courtesy exchange even if it is out of warranty.
  • rizalsr18
    edited December 2019 Answer ✓
    Just an update a week ago my SF314-54g was repaired by the Acer service center. They update my bios from V 1.14 to V.1.16 and they restore Windows to Recovery image. Now my laptop working properly without any BSOD error like before. I think bring your laptop to Acer Service Center is the best solution for this Issue.
  • gamerbro
    gamerbro Member Posts: 4 New User
    GrubertBO said:
    ok can u please check if you are using Windows 10 version 1903 or version 1803?
  • gamerbro
    gamerbro Member Posts: 4 New User
    GrubertBO said:
    so did you get your laptop repaired? If so what was the issue?