My Wi-Fi is not workingWi-Fi Predator G5 - 793

Dylan1103
Dylan1103 Member Posts: 21 Networker
edited October 2022 in Predator Laptops
My Wi-Fi is not working, I already updated the BIOS, even updated the Wireless LAN Atheros driver and still not working: what it can be? 

Help please. Thank you!

[Edited the title to add model name ]

Answers

• Can you inform the model of the notebook? Example v3-571-6682. Also, have you tried restoring windows by using the alt + f10 commands before the Acer logo with an external keyboard?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Dylan1103
    Acer Predator G5 - 793
    No, I had not restored any system yet.
  • Have you pressed fn + f4? Also, are there any disabled devices in the task manager?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Dylan1103
    On my PC it should be the fn+f3. Had looked for it many ways... 
  • When you press fn + f3, has the wireless network card been activated? Can you access the internet now?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Dylan1103
    No, not yet, fn+f3 just turns and shuts the airplane mode, I know that if I shut the airplane mode I should have access to the internet and all that, but it is not working. Unless that I would have to enable the wireless thing on and from the BIOS.
  • Also, are there any disabled devices in the task manager?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Dylan1103
    No, as I know!
  • Have you tried using windows troubleshooting?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,881 Trailblazer
    edited October 2022

The Wi-Fi driver might have been lost as this is common with and if you updated to a new updated driver that is not compatible with your card. Reinstall the Wi-Fi Acer G5-793 QUALCOMM Atheros Version: 12.0.0.279 driver again and see if it works?

If you still have the QUALCOMM Atheros Wi-Fi in Network adaptors in Device Manager, then go to Device Manager > Network adaptors and do this:

Click on Network adaptors > QUALCOMM Atheros > right click > Properties > Driver > click > Update driver > Browse my computer for drivers > Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer and then pick the OEM Acer driver QUALCOMM Atheros Version: 12.0.0.279 Wi-Fi driver only as that should work for your laptop.

You can also go to the unofficial Qualcomm Atheros driver site as you haven't said the exact model number of the QUALCOMM Atheros Wi-Fi/BT card that you have? As they might have the best and working driver (as I've used this site allot and their new drivers worked 100% for Atheros cards) that could also work for your Wi-Fi/BT card for Win-10, so try that out also, if your card is listed.