Which DDR4 to buy? - Aspire XC-885

Robertus
Robertus Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

edited March 1 in 2020 Archives
I just bought Aspire XC-885, it come with 8G DDR4 RAM. I realize that it is not enough to run simulation. I would like to upgrade for another 8G DDR4 RAM but I'm not sure how many different model, feature or interface out there in the market. Could anyone recommend which DDR4 will run together smoothly with my current 8G DDR4 RAM? Thank you

Best Answer

• MaClane
    MaClane ACE Posts: 35,598 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Good Morning Robertus !

This model supports a maximum of 32Gb of RAM (2 slots, 2x16Gb each) DDR4 2400 / 2666Mhz

Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!
    Atenciosamente:  J. MaClane™

If my answer was helpful, leave a Like, flag as Fixed and click Promote!
    Otherwise, I am willing to try to heal your doubts and solve your problems!
    Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!

Answers

• MaClane
    Answer ✓
    Good Morning Robertus !

This model supports a maximum of 32Gb of RAM (2 slots, 2x16Gb each) DDR4 2400 / 2666Mhz

Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!

Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!

• Robertus

Tinkerer

MaClane, thanks for the answer. By the way where did you get the product spec? There is only basic info in the Acer website such as ErP, Safety Guide, User Manual.
  • MaClane
    This information has been removed from the service manual.
    It is not made available to the end user.

Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

• JordanB
    JordanB ACE Posts: 3,729 Pathfinder
    I would recommend the Kingston memory in link below.  If your existing memory is 2666 CL=19, the Kingston memory in link below will work fine with your existing memory.  If your existing memory is 2400 CL=17, the Kingston memory in link below will clock down to 2400 CL=17 and work fine with your existing memory.  Bottom line---the Kingston memory in link below will work fine with your computer and existing memory.

https://www.kingston.com/us/memory/search?DeviceType=2&Mfr=ACE&Line=Aspire&Model=98656
    I'm not an Acer employee.
  • Robertus

Tinkerer

I just realize there are DIMM and UDIMM, can I use UDIMM for this system?
    The current DRAM installed is Samsung 8GB 1Rx8 PC4-2666V-UA2-11, not sure is this DIMM or UDIMM.
    Can I mixed with other brand or must be Samsung?
  • ttttt
    ttttt Member Posts: 1,947 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    @Robertus
    For UDIMM, that "U" stands for unregistered. I believe almost all DIMM sold nowadays are "unregistered", so it is hard to make an error on that. People can mix different brands on the DIMM. Two of my PCs have RAM sticks with mixed brands, but it is important that you match the specifications of the RAM sticks. People normally play it safe by putting the same memory stick from the same manufacturer, but I do not care about it.
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,621 Trailblazer
    REgistered memory is typically only used in servers. I can't think of any desktops or even workstations that use it...
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.