Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Which DDR4 to buy?

RobertusRobertus Posts: 2Member New User
I just bought Aspire XC-885, it come with 8G DDR4 RAM. I realize that it is not enough to run simulation. I would like to upgrade for another 8G DDR4 RAM but I'm not sure how many different model, feature or interface out there in the market. Could anyone recommend which DDR4 will run together smoothly with my current 8G DDR4 RAM? Thank you

Best Answers

• MaClaneMaClane Posts: 11,154 Trailblazer
    Accepted Answer
    Good Morning Robertus !

This model supports a maximum of 32Gb of RAM (2 slots, 2x16Gb each) DDR4 2400 / 2666Mhz

Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um "Curtir", marque como "Solucionado" e clique em "Promover"!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!
    Atenciosamente:  J. MaClane™

If my answer was helpful, leave a like, flag as "Fixed" and click "Promote"!
    Otherwise, I am willing to try to heal your doubts and solve your problems!
    Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!

ACE Trailblazer 2014 - 2019                          

• MaClaneMaClane Posts: 11,154 Trailblazer
    Accepted Answer
    This information has been removed from the service manual.
    It is not made available to the end user.

Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um "Curtir", marque como "Solucionado" e clique em "Promover"!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!

Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!

FAQ & Answers

• MaClaneMaClane Posts: 11,154ACE Trailblazer
    Accepted Answer
    Good Morning Robertus !

This model supports a maximum of 32Gb of RAM (2 slots, 2x16Gb each) DDR4 2400 / 2666Mhz

Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

• RobertusRobertus Posts: 2Member New User
    MaClane, thanks for the answer. By the way where did you get the product spec? There is only basic info in the Acer website such as ErP, Safety Guide, User Manual.
  • MaClaneMaClane Posts: 11,154ACE Trailblazer
    Accepted Answer
    This information has been removed from the service manual.
    It is not made available to the end user.

Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

• JordanBJordanB Posts: 3,344ACE Pathfinder
    I would recommend the Kingston memory in link below.  If your existing memory is 2666 CL=19, the Kingston memory in link below will work fine with your existing memory.  If your existing memory is 2400 CL=17, the Kingston memory in link below will clock down to 2400 CL=17 and work fine with your existing memory.  Bottom line---the Kingston memory in link below will work fine with your computer and existing memory.

https://www.kingston.com/us/memory/search?DeviceType=2&Mfr=ACE&Line=Aspire&Model=98656
    I'm not an Acer employee.