Acer R11 CB5132t Automatic update expiration

GordieO
GordieO Member Posts: 2 New User
edited June 2019 in Chromebooks
How can I find the automatic update expiration date for an Acer R11 CB5132t Chromebook

Best Answer

• GordieO
    Answer ✓
    Thanks a lot. Appreciate your help. Looks like I can wait a couple more years before I need to consider replacement.

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,330 Trailblazer
  • GordieO
    Answer ✓
    Thanks a lot. Appreciate your help. Looks like I can wait a couple more years before I need to consider replacement.
  • JackE
    Good luck with it.  :) Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• schweggy
    schweggy Member Posts: 1 New User
    revised AUE
    this shows previous AUE and new AUE

• jtb2780
    jtb2780 Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

What are consequences of operating Chromebook R11 after AUE, especially with regard to internet security?
  • jtb2780

Tinkerer

Does AUE period for Acer Chromebook R11 start at purchase date or "release date" (and then run for 5 or six years)?
  • jtb2780

Tinkerer

My Acer Chromebook R11 has a "release date" of 2015.  I have experienced serious problems in two major areas, which appear to possibly be OS incompatibility problems.  First one has to do with using VPNs without serious reduction of speed/bandwidth.  Second one has to do with using cloud data storage apps such as Dropbox and pCloud.  Can anyone tell me if more recently Acer Chromebooks have made much improvement in either of these two areas?
  • JackE
    Updates might, but not necessarily will, last up to 8 years after the "release date', not purchase date. It varies. You should get a notice that updates will stop before they actually do. You can continue to use it, just like Win7, but no longer will be updated including security updates.

Jack E/NJ

• jtb2780

Tinkerer

I'm seriously considering buying an Acer Chromebook CP713-2W-5874 (Spin 713).  In reviewing again all the different sources of informatiion and customer reviews I had looked at, I found that there was no mention of a web cam and mic, which are things that I use frequently.  If not available on this model Chromebook, I would probably not buy it.  Can anyone, preferrably an owner/user, let me know if the cam & mic are on the model I am considering? Please.
  • JackE

cp713-2w

Audio

Two built-in stereo speakers

Two  built-in microphones

Webcam

HD camera with:1280x720 resolution 720p

HD audio/video recording Super

high dynamic range imaging (SHDR)

Jack E/NJ