upgrade Aspire 5250-0810 Atheros AR5B95 Wireless Net Work Adapter

AGB
AGB Member Posts: 3 New User
edited August 2023 in 2019 Archives
I have an Aspire 5250-0810 and want to upgrade the Atheros AR5B95 Wireless Net Work Adapter which has only one antenna wire to it. I want to upgrade it to a dual band 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz and Bluetooth (Bluetooth Not a priority). I need to Know what replacement card I Can use and if it will take Atheros or Intel pcie card and what ones will be compatible. I have no problem in having to run another or new set of antenna wires to the screen lid if that is where they go. Also I just upgraded from the Windows 7 OEM to Windows 10 - Latest version if you need to know that. Thanks for any help anyone can help me with.

Comments

• IVAN_PC
    IVAN_PC ACE Posts: 7,495 Pathfinder
    edited February 2019
    Hi.

Your device is not compatible with internal 5 GHz cards of a donble band, you can buy an external USB type.
    http://prntscr.com/mknqg7

Regards.

☑️ 𝑺𝒊 𝒆𝒔𝒕𝒂 𝒆𝒔 "𝒍𝒂 𝒓𝒆𝒔𝒑𝒖𝒆𝒔𝒕𝒂", 𝒉𝒂𝒛 𝒄𝒍𝒊𝒄 𝒆𝒏 "𝑨𝒄𝒆𝒑𝒕𝒂𝒓 𝒍𝒂 𝒔𝒐𝒍𝒖𝒄𝒊ó𝒏" 𝒑𝒂𝒓𝒂 𝒂𝒚𝒖𝒅𝒂𝒓 𝒂 𝒐𝒕𝒓𝒐𝒔 𝒂 𝒆𝒏𝒄𝒐𝒏𝒕𝒓𝒂𝒓𝒍𝒂.
    ☑️ 𝑬𝒍 𝒇𝒐𝒓𝒐 𝑨𝑪𝑬𝑹 𝒄𝒐𝒎𝒎𝒖𝒏𝒊𝒕𝒚 𝒕𝒊𝒆𝒏𝒆 𝒖𝒏 𝒂𝒎𝒃𝒊𝒆𝒏𝒕𝒆 𝒂𝒈𝒓𝒂𝒅𝒂𝒃𝒍𝒆 𝒅𝒐𝒏𝒅𝒆 𝒕𝒐𝒅𝒐 𝒆𝒍 𝒎𝒖𝒏𝒅𝒐 𝒆𝒔 𝒃𝒊𝒆𝒏𝒗𝒆𝒏𝒊𝒅𝒐.
  • AGB
    Thanks for your quick response and the answer 
  • AGB

just a quick update on wanting to upgrade of my Wi Fi card. I tried another Wi Fi card I found on eBay for about $5.00. So for the fun of it I decided to try it (Atheros Ar5B22 AR9462 Dual Band N+ Bluetooth DW1901 K2gws. First I took a set of antennas out of a Toshiba Satellite case I had and took the Acer Apart and ran the antenna to the lid and took the single antenna wire out. At first the only thing I could get out of it was the Wi Fi Dual band capability. The Bluetooth showed but wouldn't work. Turned out the card was out of a Dell. No big deal I didn't need the Bluetooth anyway, but just for the fun of it I kept playing around with it and looking up on the internet for possible solutions. Before I had upgraded this Acer from windows 7 to Windows 10 I downloaded the BIOS upgrade to the latest which is ver.1.03. After playing around with it for a week  off and on I checked to see if there by chance was a newer BIOS update, but there wasn't, but I redownloaded the latest version again (Ver 1.03) and ran it and when it automatically rebooted the laptop and it came up I looked in the Device Manager and Wa La the Bluetooth was there and active along with the Wi Fi. Tried the Bluetooth to make sure it worked and it did. I don't know what I did but if worked. Unless it was because I ran the BIOS upgrade again since I Upgraded to Windows 10.