New to Acer (Chromebook 15)

RMitchell
RMitchell Member Posts: 4 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
Good morning everyone. I'm RMitchell and brand new here. I just acquired an Acer Chromebook 15. I"m a senior and just got fed up with windows. Too many problems. I've been told that Chrome os is much better for me than windows.

Comments

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,444 Trailblazer
    Did you use you new Chromebook to post this message?  :)   Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• RMitchell
    Yes, I did. Chrome os seems easy to use.
  • RMitchell
    I am looking for some help. I need to know what printer is compatible with chrome, since my usb connected printer won't do. Suggestions?
  • JackE
    Why won't it do? What is the printer model? For about the same price of a pack of black & color ink cartridges for your old printer, you can get a new wireless Epson 400 series printer scanner all in one from Walmart that also includes a pack of  new black & color ink cartridges. Less than $50 for the whole shebang. Pretty easy setup. No wires. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,647 Trailblazer
    Any printer you choose will have to be able to get to the Internet on it's own. Most modern models can do that and will have instructions on how to connect them to Google's Cloud Print service. If your printer isn't too old it'll have either a wired or wireless connection to your network (that might not be connected since you were using USB) already and just need to be configured to log into your Google account.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • RMitchell
    For both JackE and billsey... Thank you for your comments. You each have given me something to think about. I really appreciate it. Thanks again.
  • sylvie1949
    sylvie1949 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Tapez votre commentaire quel antivirus pour cet ordi j ai 70 ans j ai besoin d aide merci
  • JackE
    sylvie1949 Antivirus pas nécessaire. Jack E/NJ

Not needed. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ