Keyboard Lights not staying on - ANA515-53-52FA

fireexplorer23
fireexplorer23 Member Posts: 52 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
Today I uninstalled a windows update and updated Acer Firmware 1.22 and My keyboard lights no longer stay on permanently any way to fix this and anyone know why its doing this? 

Answers

• Balatekie
    Balatekie ACE Posts: 1,353 Pioneer
    Hi @fireexplorer23,

I would like to know the exact model of your computer. Also I need confirmation that you are referring to keyboard backlit. 
     :) If you think I've answered your question, please hit the Accept Answer:)

• fireexplorer23
    Balatekie said:
    Hi @fireexplorer23,

I would like to know the exact model of your computer. Also I need confirmation that you are referring to keyboard backlit. 
    I have a Acer Nitro 5 ANA515-53-52FA and what I'm referring to is the redlights that are on usually. If I'm not mistaken they would always stay on and now they turn off after 3
  • Zero_dB
    Zero_dB Member Posts: 10

Tinkerer

edited February 2019
    The keyboard behavior came from Bios 1.22. Acer said that they intentionally put it this way...... but due to tons if comment they again said that they inform developer team about this problem...  So we do have to wait for next bios update.
    Wording form acer
    "I have been informed that the backlight functionality for On Battery Power or AC Adapter Power has been change to do the same (always turn off 30 seconds after the last key stroke), i understand that their's been reports and comments in the community that you're not happy with this update and therefore we are forwarding this message to our design/engineering team for feedback.

What ive done is that Ive roll back my bios to 1.19..... to re enjoy my keyboard backlight 
  • fireexplorer23
    Zero_dB said:
    The keyboard behavior came from Bios 1.22. Acer said that they intentionally put it this way...... but due to tons if comment they again said that they inform developer team about this problem...  So we do have to wait for next bios update.

What ive done is that Ive roll back my bios to 1.19..... to re enjoy my keyboard backlight 
    I rolled back to 1.19 and it still turns off after 30 seconds it never use to do that. 
  • Zero_dB
    Zero_dB Member Posts: 10

Tinkerer

Zero_dB said:

I rolled back to 1.19 and it still turns off after 30 seconds it never use to do that. 
    it still turn off every 30sec even if you plug in AC adapter?

• AMDKilla
    AMDKilla Member Posts: 57 Devotee WiFi Icon
    The backlight has always turned off after 30 seconds on battery. The BIOS update just added this for AC power too. It wasn't intentional as they didn't list it in the release notes.
  • XdxD
    XdxD Member Posts: 1,583 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    AMDKilla said:
    The backlight has always turned off after 30 seconds on battery. The BIOS update just added this for AC power too. It wasn't intentional as they didn't list it in the release notes.
    Their release notes aren't that great for a novice user. They should explain in detail.
    Trying to do my best here - Your happy Predator owner =)!
  • NYCMC
    NYCMC Member Posts: 42 Devotee WiFi Icon
    Nitro AN515-53
    I've been through a lot of laptops over the years. I mainly use a Macbook Pro but I decided on this Acer because I like the specs in this price range. So I thought it was odd that the keyboard light would time out. None of my other laptops or even my lighted keyboard on my desktop did that. At first a press of a key to wake it up was no big deal but then it became a freakin bother, seriously, its literally driving me up the wall. The whole point of a lit keyboard is that you actually need it for the entire time you're using the laptop. Acer can you imagine if your eco-friendly office lights timed out every 30 seconds because no one tripped the motion sensor?  Now somebody or you has to stand up every 30 seconds to keep the lights on, that adds up.  Please fix this nuisance and realize this is a feature that no other major brand sought to include in their products. 
  • Walter1981
    Walter1981 Member Posts: 41 Devotee WiFi Icon
    Anyone installed the new 1.24 Bios? It`s online since yesterday.
  • NYCMC
    NYCMC Member Posts: 42 Devotee WiFi Icon
    I upgraded to 1.24 and keyboard still times out at 30secs. Whatever, no one is listening.
  • GomerMedic1
    GomerMedic1 Member Posts: 3 New User
    supposedly there are setting in the bios menu to disable the timeout....I just dont know how to get there to change it.  I have 1.24 bios
  • This version still does not add the function that allows the user to choose whether the backlight keyboard remains active or not! Acer will release version 1.25 of bios for this model! Version 1.25 will add the backlight keyboard function!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Speedster_ELuu39
    Speedster_ELuu39 Member Posts: 14

Tinkerer

This version still does not add the function that allows the user to choose whether the backlight keyboard remains active or not! Acer will release version 1.25 of bios for this model! Version 1.25 will add the backlight keyboard function!

They just placed the 1.25 version on the support website with the title of "1.Implement KB lighting timeout function." but I'm still having the issue even though I just updated to 1.24 a couple of hours ago and then 1.25 just now.
  • charliegarg
    charliegarg Member Posts: 31 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    This version still does not add the function that allows the user to choose whether the backlight keyboard remains active or not! Acer will release version 1.25 of bios for this model! Version 1.25 will add the backlight keyboard function!

They just placed the 1.25 version on the support website with the title of "1.Implement KB lighting timeout function." but I'm still having the issue even though I just updated to 1.24 a couple of hours ago and then 1.25 just now.
    You have to go to bios and change the setting to disable it. That's it
  • XdxD
    XdxD Member Posts: 1,583 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon

@Speedster_ELuu39, did you try this?
    Trying to do my best here - Your happy Predator owner =)!
  • Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,716 Trailblazer
    edited April 2019
    In bios, there will be a function called backlight keyboard! You should disable this function!

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Speedster_ELuu39

Tinkerer

In bios, there will be a function called backlight keyboard! You should disable this function!

XdxD said:

@Speedster_ELuu39, did you try this?
    Yeah, it works now. I wish Acer would give a little description of what the title of the update actually meant.
  • But the title already demonstrates that it would be an update to the backlight keyboard!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Speedster_ELuu39

Tinkerer

But the title already demonstrates that it would be an update to the backlight keyboard!
    Yes, it says backlight in the title but I thought that it would automatically turn back on when I updated so I just want them to give some details on the purpose of the update and how to utilize it.
  • 4droide
    4droide Member Posts: 3 New User
    Please, release a BIOS update for an ACER NITRO 5 SPIN too. BIOS version 1.14 does not have a backlight keyboard function. These blinking keys are highly distracting while writing. A 200EUR ChromeBook has a backlit function always on and this 1500EUR ACER NITRO 5 SPIN does not. Please, do care. This is irritation not a feature.