acer AL 1714 B over voltage problem

raza05
raza05 Member Posts: 1 New User
edited February 16 in 2019 Archives
Hi
I am new to forum just posting if any one here has technical help to provide I have LCD monitor AL-1714 B It was working fine until I accidentally put 25v dc adapter to it now it turns on with flicker & shows no display I have downloaded the service manual but could get any proper knowledge how to solve the issue after over voltage shutdown if there is any one to help please reply i have checked the circuit board & inverter board nothing seems to be burn for the record the over voltage for less than 30 seconds if there is any way to reset the protection circuit please share
looking forward
Regards 

Comments

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,454 Trailblazer
    Boy, that is a toughie... You can sometimes get the power circuit to reset by unplugging and then pressing and holding the power button for 30 second or so to bleed off any residual. If that doesn't work then you are likely going to have to contact Acer service and see if there's anything to be done short of sending it in.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.