My acer nitro 5 is lagging too much(acer nitro 5 )

vallabhsp
vallabhsp Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
I had bought a acer nitro 5 with gtx 1050ti and 8 gb ram. at first the laptop was working fine.when plugged  in i used to about 120fps constantly on cs go and other games.
But only after  2-3 months of use the laptop is struggling to give even 30fps in cs go.its giving about 13fps in cs go.
It shutdowns automatically after some time of gaming. I played a game for about 10 mins and the laptop shuts down automatically
I thought this was some cooling problem but even with Coolboost turned on I have no Improvement.
There is not even a single acer authorised service centre in my city, even though there is one. Its for the laptops which are out of warranty
I dont know to do with the laptop anymore its laying aside trash in, the laptops specs may seem promising, but the laptop is not worth it.

Anyone provide me with a solution to get back my laptop to its normal condition

Answers

• HI! This is caused by 417.22! I suggest you download the 417.35 driver to fix the problem with fps: http://us.download.nvidia.com/Windows/417.35/417.35-desktop-win10-64bit-international-whql.exe
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • vallabhsp

Tinkerer

edited January 2019
    i have the drivers up to date, everything is updated but still it happens 
    Why do you thimk that its the driver thats causing the problem?

• vallabhsp

Tinkerer

What should I do for the sudden shutdown problem @egydiocoelho
  • Have you checked the temperatures with hwmonitor?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Redfan
    Redfan Member Posts: 65 Devotee WiFi Icon
    make sure you go to device manager and set graphics to maximum performance both on cell and on the plug, otherwise, its sounds like the hd620 is being used, also adding 8gb more ram or at least to 12gb (8+4) should help. if you're on 1809 then that option could had been deleted then you have to roll back to 1803 and wait until Microsoft gets 1809 right. also maybe a fresh copy of windows? acer windows copys are notorious for coming flawed. (with the 67 bloatware apps the force install no wonder)
  • vallabhsp

Tinkerer

@egydiocoelho i tried it and it does not go more than 75-78 degrees
  • vallabhsp

Tinkerer

@Redfan my  perfomance is set on high in both 
    but there is no use 
  • I suggest you first update the video drivers! Go to www.intel.com to update the intel drivers and www.nvidia.com to update the drivers for nvidia. To upgrade the other notebook drivers, download the free version of the driverbooster!
    On temperature, have you also checked the temperature of the nvidia video card? What is the exact model of your nitro 5? Example an515-51-75kz!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• vallabhsp

Tinkerer

@egydiocoelho its an an515-51 
    and i checked the card temp of it. it was between 68-78 fluctuating 
  • OK! This is the temperature of the gpu. What is the CPU temperature? Does the notebook still turn off?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer