Acer S271HL no signal ive tryed different hdmi-cables, different usb-c to hdmi converters.

Options
Tupac1991
Tupac1991 Member Posts: 3 New User
edited July 2023 in Monitors
Hey there! Sorry for bad english.

Got this acer s271hl, been working fine until few days ago when i cut the power then turned it on again.

It says no signal, ive tryed different hdmi-cables, different usb-c to hdmi converters.

Tryed usual PC since im using mac nowadays. 

Been checking all over google and youtube, and it comes to me doing this manually via the screen. The problem is that the screen has power but says no signal, and I CANT use the extrabuttons on the screen wich are suppose to take me to videosettings but it wont. 

Screen is in good shape and havent been used much at all, seen lots of people on google with same problem but nothing solved it.

PLEASE HELP ME!!!!
[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Answers

• thamahes2018
    thamahes2018 Member Posts: 174 Skilled Fixer WiFi Icon
    Options
    Hi Tupac1991, Did you try conncting Acer monitor with windows based computer?
  • Balatekie
    Balatekie ACE Posts: 1,353 Pioneer
    Options
    Hi @Tupac1991

As a work around, I recommend you to perform power reset process in your Acer monitor.

To do that;
    1. Please disconnect all cables from monitor including power cable. Monitor should be standalone and nothing should be connected.
    2. Press & hold power button of your monitor for 30 seconds.
    3. Then re-connect power cable and HDMI cable. Ensure that computer is turned off while connecting the HDMI cable to monitor.
    4. Once all connections are set, please power on your computer and check for the display. Please reply back with the result. 
     :) If you think I've answered your question, please hit the Accept Answer:)

• Tupac1991
    Tupac1991 Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options
    Yes Thamaes2018, same problem there and cant find the monitor. 

Balatekie I Will try this as soon as i get home! :) 

Thanks!
  • Irisviel
    Irisviel Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    Balatekie 
    Dude I have no ***** idea but I had this issue with SA240YABI I just got today and it works wth...
    Thanks a lot  <3
  • Rudy21
    Rudy21 ACE Posts: 1,789 Pathfinder
    Options
    Irisviel said:
    Balatekie 
    Dude I have no ***** idea but I had this issue with SA240YABI I just got today and it works wth...
    Thanks a lot  <3
    This one is an older thread and If you any issues please create a new thread.
    Click on 'Yes' to accept my comment as answer
  • Jdpowell1976
    Jdpowell1976 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

I have 2 acer s271hl hdmi monitors, one suddenly started acting up, as in while powering on PC the screen displays everything fine until the login to the desktop comes up then screen goes black no signal appears light on power button goes to amber. I've connected a roku to this monitor to determine If it's my pc, again while roku powers on the screen displays the purple background displaying "ROKU" in the center, color and brightness etc is all perfect, once roku finishes starting up, again screen blacks out says no signal light turns amber. I've not got a device with vga , my pc vid cards have hdmi dviand some other connection but not vga so I can't try using that, I've got no dvi cable, but since the screen works fine I assume the monitors able to connect and read via hdmi, since does same thing on different devices I can only assume it's something with monitor. I've also tried unplugging hdmi and replugging back in, nothing happens to show the monitor detects or recognizes that as it doesn't do anything after taking hdmi cable off and back on. anyone have ANY ideas on what could be going on or having similar issue?

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,719 Trailblazer
    Options

This thread is five years old. You will have much better luck getting suggestions if you start a new thread. People tend to ignore posts to older threads like this.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.