Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

We, users want a back-light setting - please leave your vote !

peterskvpeterskv Posts: 1Member New User
edited December 5 in Acer Ideas

ACER, please ACER COMPANY, it is about time to fix this. Please don't ignore us. Everybody is asking for this.

Please Acer, i have Nitro 5 SPIN - Great computer, I love it, I use Acer since 2003, this is mine 4th one. Our demand as users is simple:

Make a setting to stay the keyboard light ON, OFF or time limit.
Thank you.

P.s. or least allow the backlight to stay on while it is plugged into charger.

Many thanks, your long time user, Peter

FAQ & Answers

• mikefoxtrotmikefoxtrot Posts: 8Member

Tinkerer

+1 Swift1 Italy
  • Paultan88Paultan88 Posts: 3Member New User
    I have look thru this issue on a number of websites, and it seems to be a long time anoyance for MANY ACER users.  I myself just borught an Acer Nitro 5 (my 2nd Acer, 1st one was Acer Nitro V15).  The V15's keyboard always stayed on and very happy with it.  But Nitro 5 keyboard backlight would turn off after 15 secs?  Very anoying.  I am  begining to regret my decision on this 2nd purchase. Acer really needs to fix this issue. There is no point selling lots of laptops and having a lot of unhappy customers at the end of the day.

You have my vote for a fix.  As many people have said, this should be a very simple software fix.
  • Acer-MannyAcer-Manny Posts: 1,506Acer Crew

Acer Crew

edited December 7
    Hi all,

Thanks for the feedback, the backlight automatically turning off after 30 seconds is not an issue that needs to be fix, Acer design it as part energy saver feature for units. I am happy to pass the message along to the design team but i don't have any information that we are thinking of changing this in the near future. 

Thanks,
    Acer-Manny 
  • egydiocoelhoegydiocoelho Posts: 7,261ACE Pathfinder
    edited December 7
    Hi all,

Thanks for the feedback, the backlight automatically turning off after 30 seconds is not an issue that needs to be fix, Acer design it as part energy saver feature for units. I am happy to pass the message along to the design team but i don't have any information that we are thinking of changing this in the near future. 

Thanks,
    Acer-Manny 
    It really is not a problem on the hardware Acer-Manny! However, Acer should provide a feature in acer quick access or bios, which allows the user to extend the backlit keyboard time, even if they use more battery energy!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em promover!  
     :)
    For users of the English, Spanish and German community, I will be using google translator! :)
  • @Acer-Manny! The fact that the backlit keyboard is switched off every 30 seconds also serves to make the keyboard led lamps have longer durability?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em promover!  
     :)
    For users of the English, Spanish and German community, I will be using google translator! :)
  • mikefoxtrotmikefoxtrot Posts: 8Member

Tinkerer

Hi all,

Thanks,
    Acer-Manny 
    Hi, Your're right this issue is not needing a fix, but imagine this (common) scenario:
    Night, writing some text to finish a job, thinking about on how begin the next sentence , time is passing (31 seconds) and puff... keyboard backlit turn itself off... now I found the correct word to begin the final sentence of my job but...I cannot find the letter on the keyboard...need to push a key, keyboard lit up and I can continue writing...you can say ok just a keyboard press more...but...repeat this for 1000 sentence a day (night) and you can change your idea of what 1 keyboard press more means... If users is asking a way to decide to maintain the backlit on permanently or not it means that probably has already considered the benefits vs the battery performances reduction. we're not asking to a fix to leave the keyboard backlit on all the time , but a simple option to chose from maintaining the backlit on all the time, switch off or 30 sec auto shut off options.
    Thanks for understanding
    Regards
    M.
  • BytemareBytemare Posts: 6Member New User
    I'm also considering to return my acer swift 1 back and buy another ultrabook. Keyboard is lit for 30 seconds then it turns it self off. I need it to be on all the time since I often work at night and would really love this feature.