Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

We, users want a back-light setting - please leave your vote !

peterskvpeterskv Posts: 6Member

Tinkerer

edited December 2018 in Acer Ideas

ACER, please ACER COMPANY, it is about time to fix this. Please don't ignore us. Everybody is asking for this.

Please Acer, i have Nitro 5 SPIN - Great computer, I love it, I use Acer since 2003, this is mine 4th one. Our demand as users is simple:

Make a setting to stay the keyboard light ON, OFF or time limit.
Thank you.

P.s. or least allow the backlight to stay on while it is plugged into charger.

Many thanks, your long time user, Peter

Comments

• mikefoxtrotmikefoxtrot Posts: 11Member

Tinkerer

+1 Swift1 Italy
  • Paultan88Paultan88 Posts: 3Member New User
    I have look thru this issue on a number of websites, and it seems to be a long time anoyance for MANY ACER users.  I myself just borught an Acer Nitro 5 (my 2nd Acer, 1st one was Acer Nitro V15).  The V15's keyboard always stayed on and very happy with it.  But Nitro 5 keyboard backlight would turn off after 15 secs?  Very anoying.  I am  begining to regret my decision on this 2nd purchase. Acer really needs to fix this issue. There is no point selling lots of laptops and having a lot of unhappy customers at the end of the day.

You have my vote for a fix.  As many people have said, this should be a very simple software fix.
  • Acer-MannyAcer-Manny Posts: 1,861Acer Crew

Acer Crew

edited December 2018
    Hi all,

Thanks for the feedback, the backlight automatically turning off after 30 seconds is not an issue that needs to be fix, Acer design it as part energy saver feature for units. I am happy to pass the message along to the design team but i don't have any information that we are thinking of changing this in the near future. 

Thanks,
    Acer-Manny 
  • egydiocoelhoegydiocoelho Posts: 13,892ACE Trailblazer
    edited December 2018
    Hi all,

Thanks for the feedback, the backlight automatically turning off after 30 seconds is not an issue that needs to be fix, Acer design it as part energy saver feature for units. I am happy to pass the message along to the design team but i don't have any information that we are thinking of changing this in the near future. 

Thanks,
    Acer-Manny 
    It really is not a problem on the hardware Acer-Manny! However, Acer should provide a feature in acer quick access or bios, which allows the user to extend the backlit keyboard time, even if they use more battery energy!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em promover! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on Promote!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool clique aqui para saber o número de série ou o partnumber do seu modelo! click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • @Acer-Manny! The fact that the backlit keyboard is switched off every 30 seconds also serves to make the keyboard led lamps have longer durability?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em promover! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on Promote!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool clique aqui para saber o número de série ou o partnumber do seu modelo! click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 

Tinkerer

Hi all,

Thanks,
    Acer-Manny 
    Hi, Your're right this issue is not needing a fix, but imagine this (common) scenario:
    Night, writing some text to finish a job, thinking about on how begin the next sentence , time is passing (31 seconds) and puff... keyboard backlit turn itself off... now I found the correct word to begin the final sentence of my job but...I cannot find the letter on the keyboard...need to push a key, keyboard lit up and I can continue writing...you can say ok just a keyboard press more...but...repeat this for 1000 sentence a day (night) and you can change your idea of what 1 keyboard press more means... If users is asking a way to decide to maintain the backlit on permanently or not it means that probably has already considered the benefits vs the battery performances reduction. we're not asking to a fix to leave the keyboard backlit on all the time , but a simple option to chose from maintaining the backlit on all the time, switch off or 30 sec auto shut off options.
    Thanks for understanding
    Regards
    M.
  • BytemareBytemare Posts: 16Member Troubleshooter
    I'm also considering to return my acer swift 1 back and buy another ultrabook. Keyboard is lit for 30 seconds then it turns it self off. I need it to be on all the time since I often work at night and would really love this feature. 
  • peterskvpeterskv Posts: 6Member

Tinkerer

it is not solved, sorry for that
  • peterskvpeterskv Posts: 6Member

Tinkerer

It seems that in ACER, doesn't want to hear the user out. Is is ready so hard to make a feature or a small utility that will sold this ?
  • The keyboard light is set to always remain on when the notebook is connected to the power adapter!
    When the notebook is using battery power, it automatically shuts off every thirty seconds, so the battery life will be preserved!

Tinkerer

The keyboard light is set to always remain on when the notebook is connected to the power adapter!
    When the notebook is using battery power, it automatically shuts off every thirty seconds, so the battery life will be preserved!
    Are you sure, what kind of acer swift model you own? Mine even if plugged in shut off backlit after 30 seconds...
  • If your notebook is turning off the keyboard light even with the power adapter connected to the notebook, you may have updated bios to version 1.22! What is the model of your notebook? Example an515-51!

• todythedobytodythedoby Posts: 12Member

Tinkerer

yes fix this acer please.....and if it was introduced in 1.22 bios why did you not mention this in the patch  note?don't try to avoid the problem saying it's a feature.AND YOU CAN'T FORCE YOUR CUSTOMERS TO ADAPT TO YOUR WAYS..WE ARE THE ONE WHO IS PAYING HERE...SO YOU ARE THE ONE WHO SHOULD AND MUST LISTEN TO US.

Tinkerer

If your notebook is turning off the keyboard light even with the power adapter connected to the notebook, you may have updated bios to version 1.22! What is the model of your notebook? Example an515-51!
    Mine is sf 113-31-p2jx and latest bios reported on Acer support website is 1.13 ( https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/support-product/7211?b=1 ) and NO, there's no option to keep the backlit on while ac adapter is connected on 1.13. If you can point us to a new bios version I'll be happy to download, install and test reporting back impressions.
    Regards
    M.
  • The bios 1.22 is for model an515-52! Some users reported that when upgrading bios to version 1.22, the keyboard automatically shut down even with the notebook connected to the power adapter!

• vlavrov23vlavrov23 Posts: 1Member New User
    edited January 3
    Аппарат приобретен неделю назад. Проблема с таймаутом подсветки появилась после обновления windows. 

Translation:
    The device was purchased a week ago. The problem with the backlight timeout appeared after the Windows update.

[Post edited to translate the content -Acer-Manny]   

• i_love_tazzusi_love_tazzus Posts: 12Member

Tinkerer

I'd like this fix, too. I'm using an Acer Aspire 7 laptop, with the NVidia GTX 1050 GPU, 15 inch 1080p screen and i7-8750H CPU. This intermittent backlight issue happens regardless of the OS I have loaded. I triple boot my Aspire 7 with Win10 Pro, Ubuntu Studio, and Android-x86.

This is definitely a BIOS issue. Currently (at home) I can circumvent this issue by using a Redragon gaming keyboard. I'd still like a fix issued ASAP as I don't take the gaming keyboard while traveling. Thanks!