Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Nitro NP515-51 (Nitro 5 Spin) Nvidia Driver Power, Sleep and Screen issues.

SalarXSalarX Posts: 13Member

Tinkerer

So I've been facing this issue for many months. What happens is whenever I leave the screen to turn off automatically after sometime (or manually turn it off), the display turns off and I cannot access my laptop after that (it hangs with display off), until I do a hard reset by pressing the power button for 5 seconds. Because of this I have to keep to laptop back light always ON, which consumes a lot of battery. However this issue is solved if I disable the Nvidia Driver, but then, what's the use of a gaming hybrid laptop when, you can't do gaming on it?
Anyone else facing the same issue on their Nitro 5 Spin please reply. I have contacted Acer Customer Care Center many times but it's not solved. 

Best Answer

• misterblackmisterblack Posts: 6

Tinkerer

Accepted Answer
    I have the exact same problem as you.  My sleep and wake function doesn't work.  I constantly need to power off completely and power on whenever I need to wake up the laptop.

How do you disable the Nvidia driver?  Can you tell me the steps in detail so I do it properly?  If I disable the driver, does that mean the graphics card is no longer used?

I don't game, so I'm happy to use your solution.

FAQ & Answers

• EtheralEtheral Posts: 11Member New User
    You may want to update your Intel chipset and graphics drivers. 

Here's a link to their support for drivers. 
    https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/80939/Graphics-Drivers
  • misterblackmisterblack Posts: 6Member

Tinkerer

Accepted Answer
    I have the exact same problem as you.  My sleep and wake function doesn't work.  I constantly need to power off completely and power on whenever I need to wake up the laptop.

How do you disable the Nvidia driver?  Can you tell me the steps in detail so I do it properly?  If I disable the driver, does that mean the graphics card is no longer used?

I don't game, so I'm happy to use your solution.
  • MavuvuMavuvu Posts: 1Member New User
    Same problem Misterblack
  • SalarXSalarX Posts: 13Member

Tinkerer

Mavuvu said:
    Same problem Misterblack
    But your screen is active. In my case, the screen is Blacked out and system is hanged.