Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Proper cooling solution

GamermaddnessGamermaddness Posts: 1Member New User
On gaming laptops it is important to have proper air flow, that's why the rubber should be a little thicker so the vents underneath can remove the hot air more efficiently.  

Comments

• MrMattMrMatt Posts: 3Member New User
    Or you know... Just don't game on a bloody laptop?  :#
  • Acer-MannyAcer-Manny Posts: 1,488Acer Crew

Acer Crew

Hi Gamermaddness,

Thanks for the input, we will pass the message to the design team for consideration.

Acer-Manny

• tobimarutobimaru Posts: 76Member Devotee
    I can see where this idea stems from and what the OP is saying. However, if raising the laptop always netted cooler temperatures we would all raise our laptops until they touched the ceiling; would we not?

The gains from lifting the laptop to allow more airflow into the chassis from underneath drop off at the point the fans within the chassis are able to move their maximum CFM rating. IF you can supply those fans with that level of air, further increasing airflow into the chassis will have no more benefit. The fans will never draw more air then they can exhaust, as there is no active intake fan on most laptops.

Speaking directly to Acer 'gaming' laptops, I'm only familiar with ones which INTAKE from the bottom and EXHAUST from the rear or sides. No laptops currently available exhaust from the bottom (thankfully) unless I am mistaken.

The R&D has been done by Acer in regards to fan speeds/profile, intake surface area, fan CFM rating, and the height at which the laptop sits off the resting surface. Trust me, Acer is not the only manufacturer to invest lots of time and money in thermal designs. It's just not as simple as raising the laptop to allow more air in, in most circumstances.

Hopefully this was constructive feedback! If you need a cooler running laptop and don't mind a bit of tweaking; look into 'CPU undervolting".

Acer Nitro 5 | i5-7300HQ | GTX 1050 Ti 4GB
    Noctua NT-H1 re-paste
    -0.115v undervolt
    GPU OC - 1880MHz core/4500MHz mem