New laptop - yellowish tint

Sid12
Sid12 Member Posts: 4 New User
edited October 2023 in 2020 Archives
Received my laptop today, 15 oct 2015. The screen has a little yellowish tint. Disabled that night light thingy. But in vain. Please help!

Answers

• B4ttleSky
    B4ttleSky Member Posts: 136 Skilled Fixer WiFi Icon
    hey sid is your laptop nitro 5 ryzen? if yes then i have the same issue with my laptop, it doesnt show true colors
  • Rudy21
    Rudy21 ACE Posts: 1,789 Pathfinder
    Sid12 said:
    Received my laptop today, 15 oct 2015. The screen has a little yellowish tint. Disabled that night light thingy. But in vain. Please help!
    can you share the screenshot with marking 
    Click on 'Yes' to accept my comment as answer
  • Sid12
    B4ttleSky said:
    hey sid is your laptop nitro 5 ryzen? if yes then i have the same issue with my laptop, it doesnt show true colors
    It i7, 1050ti version
  • Sid12
    Rudy21 said:
    Sid12 said:
    It has a really slight yellow tint. Not showing true colors and it is stuck on my head. You can understand, it a brand new laptop. :(
  • B4ttleSky
    Sid12 said:
    Rudy21 said:
    Sid12 said:
    It has a really slight yellow tint. Not showing true colors and it is stuck on my head. You can understand, it a brand new laptop. :(
    same happening with mine
  • Rudy21
    Rudy21 ACE Posts: 1,789 Pathfinder
    Sid12 said:
    Rudy21 said:
    Sid12 said:
    Yeah true i understand how it hurts. Can you try the below steps and check if it makes any change

Go to control panel > Click on appearance and personalization, then click on display, on the left pane click on calibrate color and follow the on screen instructions 
    Click on 'Yes' to accept my comment as answer
  • Sid12
    Rudy21 said:
    Sid12 said:

Rudy21 said:
    Sid12 said:
  • brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,086 Trailblazer
    edited October 2018
    Hi,
    Go to Acer support site, download the driver for the graphics card, then go to Device manager, uninstall the driver for graphics, install the driver without restarting, then reboot. Sometimes, reinstalling the same driver also may rectify the problem.
    https://www.acer.com/ac/en/GB/content/drivers
  • B4ttleSky
    Hi,
    Go to Acer support site, download the driver for the graphics card, then go to Device manager, uninstall the driver for graphics, install the driver without restarting, then reboot. Sometimes, reinstalling the same driver also may rectify the problem.
    https://www.acer.com/ac/en/GB/content/drivers
    when i uninstall the drivers the screen shows true colors but after installing the drivers the screen turns yellow
  • Red_Sun
    Red_Sun Member Posts: 86 Fixer WiFi Icon
    Check where your color temperature is set. Open radeon control center > display > color > temp should be the top slider. Noticed mine was set leaning to warm on both the laptop and my main.
  • MicDaRoc
    MicDaRoc Member Posts: 2 New User
    HERE'S THE FIX GUYS!

Your computer is fine and so are your drivers! If you've already tried the night mode settings fix here is my solution:

Go to msconfig (search for it on your computer or just open system configuration). Select the services tab at the top and scroll way back down to QUICK ACCESS SERVICE (you may want to hide the microsoft services first for better overview). Uncheck quick access service AND LIVE A HAPPY LIFE! Figuring this out took me a whole day! This seems to be an Acer issue they haven't figured out how to fix it. SPREAD THE WORD!

• chandandawel
    chandandawel Member Posts: 2 New User
    B4ttleSky said:
    Sid12 said:
    Rudy21 said:
    Sid12 said:
    same happening with mine
    My laptop is light yellow screen  and dark dots
    Help please