Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Acer, HP, Dell all missing out on a great counter-top (wall-mounted) PC/Smart assist opportunity.

jorge1170xjorge1170x Posts: 39Member Troubleshooter
edited October 9 in Acer Ideas
With all these smart displays springing up from Lenovo, Amazon, Facebook...I feel there is now a way to have a full desktop PC "hidden" in your kitchen/dining area...a full PC that stows EASILY on a counter-top or on better, on a wall bracket when not in use. While in its stored mode, it is simply a smart display that shows you weather, YouTube, etc. But when the kids bring home a complex homework assignment to do, you pull it off the wall, deploy the keyboard/mouse, and voila! You are in productive mode. In the old days, people had family rooms for the desktop PC to collect dust in on the days when you didn't need it...but today I would venture that fewer and fewer people have dedicated areas to set up a "True PC", and as a result, I bet that a lot of them compute on a tiny laptop in the dining room. (I know a lot of people that sadly do this). There's a better way IMO.

Comments

• jorge1170xjorge1170x Posts: 39Member Troubleshooter
    I used to believe that this thing should run Windows when deployed into desktop mode...but now I am sure that it should run only ChromeOS.