Acer Nitro 5 AN515-52 cpu and gpu overheat while charging

Vietank123
Vietank123 Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

edited January 2021 in Aspire Laptops
As in the title, no matter what games I play (from "Ori and the dark forest" to "Watch dogs 2") , the cpu and gpu always reach above 85 degrees Celsius when charging, even with the Coolboost turned on. However when I unplug the charger, both return to acceptable temperature which is about 65 degrees. Is this normal for a gaming computer? I've just bought the laptop 5 days ago and this really scares me a lot.  Please help me. Tks.
My laptop specs:

Acer Gaming Nitro 5 AN515-52

CPU: Intel i5 8300H 
GPU(that I used for all games): GTX 1050 Ti (4GB)
RAM: 8GB DDR4

Answers

• Jack22
    Jack22 ACE Posts: 3,745 Pathfinder
    @Vietank123
    Just try this step and check whether this fixes the issue

1. Control Panel -> Hardware and Sound -> Power Options -> Edit Plan Settings -> advanced settings 
    2. the select processor power management -> maximum processor state -> plugged in -> change 100 to 80-60.

Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • Vietank123
    Vietank123 Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

@Jack22 Thank you it helps,  I also realized I could change the "maximum processor state value" to any number and the cpu didn't face any heat problem> at the moment I set the value to 99%. However this setting prevents the cpu from turbo boosting (it only stays under 2.3 GHz though the maximum frequency is 4), hence adversely affects performance, do you know how to fix this? Thank you
  • binyahya14
    binyahya14 Member Posts: 10

Tinkerer

edited April 2019
    i got the same issue.. Please @Acer-Karp @Acer-Manny , can u update this firmware so when laptop is plugged in, the speed keep 2,3ghz. but when in game or hard work/process, the processor will automatically boost. So we can enjoy use this laptop without hearing the fan spinning a lot, also heating issue. Please hear your fans suggestion thanks
  • Karp-Acer_Retired
    Karp-Acer_Retired Member Posts: 2,599 Guru
    Hello binyahya14,

We suggest you check in drivers and manual for drivers or firmware available on the Acer Website.

minimizar para MAXIMIZAR.

Descubra a mais recente e inovadora tecnologia que chegará no mercado, next@acer.
  • Nadun_senavirathna
    Nadun_senavirathna Member Posts: 1 New User
    I had the same issue and i reduced my processor state to 80%....so the overheating problem fixed......now the question is can i play games with 80% ?
  • velocito
    velocito Member Posts: 4 New User
    I have the same problem today, the notebook worked perfectly before I changed the thermal paste for a better one and then formatted it. Now I have reinstalled two operating systems but I keep the problem of "CPU overheat when ON charge"

sorry for my English