Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Fn lock key

ursmeiliursmeili Posts: 9Member

Tinkerer

It seems that a lot of Acer devices, also some which are being marketed as "professional" devices such as the Switch 7, still lack a possibility to "lock" the function keys so that they work as originally intended without having to press "Fn" each time. Most other notebook brands provide such a possibility either in their BIOS, or as a utility. 
This essentially forbids serious work with e.g. MS Office programs, or development tools such as Visual Studio, since they heavily rely on Function keys for essential things like renaming, searching etc. People who are used to work blindly with their keyboards have a hard time to press Fn + F-Key each time, since the Fn key is so far away from the function keys that it cannot be done without looking at the keyboard.

PLEASE PLEASE, Acer, provide a way on ALL your recent notebooks (but especially the Switch 7, since I own this device since a few weeks), to lock the Function key behavior. NOBODY wants to press F2 all the times to switch on Airplane mode, but MILLIONS of people want to press F2 to rename a file several times a day. Let alone F1 for sleep mode...

See also this discussion here: https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/547718/fn-lock-on-switch-7/p1?new=1, and this one here: https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/534048/function-keys-with-or-without-fn-holding/p2

Comments

• AlfBAlfB Posts: 1Member New User
    got my Acer Switch 7 to work last days and found out that I have the same issue. I definitely have to say that not taking the function keys to their intended behaviour really sucks.