App for Android 'The application has found an error it can't correct'.

ichase
ichase Member Posts: 1 New User
edited March 4 in 2018 Archives
I am having trouble with my the Adobe Reader app for Android (on my Acer Liquid E3 ). When attempting to open an pdf file, I receive the following error message: 'The application has found an error it can't correct'. It shows up for one PDF format document but not others. Any ideas?
Thanks
[Edited  the  thread  to  add  issue detail]

Answers

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    ichase 

PDF files created by some non-Adobe products aren't structurally correct. Adobe Reader and Acrobat products try their best to open even such PDF files but they do differ in terms of the kind of such pdf files they are able to open.
    When a browser like Chrome on Android gets a PDF link and offers you the ability to open the file in Acrobat it's only the URL that gets sent across to Acrobat, if the site you are loading the PDF from required a login to access the material when Acrobat requests the file, it may well be getting back a HTML login page instead of the PDF, which it can't render.
    This is why if you download the file first and then open it in Acrobat it all works fine.
    You can also try Google PDF Viewer - Download this app and check if this fix your problem.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
This discussion has been closed.