Microphone not being detected. - nitro 5

DinosaursMustDie
DinosaursMustDie Member Posts: 2 New User
edited June 2021 in Nitro Gaming
I have the nitro 5 laptop and the NUBWO N2 headphones but it won't detect them through windows, please help.

//Edited the content to add model name.

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,478 Trailblazer
    The headset plug rings  must conform to the laptop jack's PC standard unless the user manual states otherwise as in the image shown below. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Anthony81
    Anthony81 Member Posts: 45 Devotee WiFi Icon
    When I plugged in my headphones, a dialogue box came up and I just had to select the type of headphones (headset with mic). I had the same problem on my old laptop but all I had to do was to update the drivers. I hope that this helps :) 
  • If your sound card is realtek, go to this path C: \ Program Files \ Realtek \ Audio \ HDA \ RAVCpl64 and then click on the black icon as in the picture!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Jackandreson22
    Jackandreson22 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Ok guys i just found out that my acer nitro 5 doesn't show my headphone's microphone as a separate mic and it's only microphone array and stereo mix in the device manager. So what i did was checking realtek audio manager and checking the headset box. Then i did some tests on discord. I selected my input as microphone array and tested my mic. it was coming out of my headset's. Then i turned off my headset's microphone and tested my mic again. Nothing was coming out of discord. Seems like microphone array which is the laptop's microphone, converts to my headset's microphone. Hope this one helps you. Just be sure to check headset in realtek not headphone then test it on discord.
  • sresthg5
    sresthg5 Member Posts: 9

Tinkerer

I finally solved my mic issue, it's not perfect but it works.

Go to Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > HD Audio Manager(I have Realtek HD Audio drivers), double click on Analog button and set current device to headset. Now all the apps will use the headset's mic but it will still not show up in Playback and Recording devices. I hope somebody will find this helpful.

• Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Hi sresthg5,

Good to know thanks for your information. It will be useful for many people.