Acer C740 Chromebook Hinges

deidrelm
deidrelm Member Posts: 5 New User
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
Hi there,
Does anyone have issues with the hinges coming apart?  And if you do, what do you do to fix it?  They dont seem broke, they just come apart where they connect.  I dont want to glue them together incase we would have to replace the screen or anything else.  

Thanks in advance for any help.  

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,663 Trailblazer
    The hinges are actually available as field replaceable parts, the numbers are 33.EF2N7.001 and 33.EF2N7.002.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • deidrelm
    deidrelm Member Posts: 5 New User
    I understand you can replace them, but it seems like they dont click together that great.  I just replaced the whole LCD cover where the hinges are and they go together, but they dont click together very well.  And I have a few others that just opening the chromebook up they come apart, I have not investigated the inners of these ones yet, but seems like the same as the one I just fixed.  
  • havechalk
    havechalk Member Posts: 1 New User
    The hinge breaks from the back cover then break the hinge.  Tim consuming repair.
  • dheyman
    dheyman Member Posts: 1 New User
    we have about 200 C740s, for about 2-3 years, this year all of a sudden i'm seeing a rash of left hinge failures at the back case. hinges seem to be fine, they just break out from the back casing of the top of the machine. i haven't deterimined the best way to repair, and i'm not sure what i'm going to do going forward, but it's becoming a huge problem this year.
This discussion has been closed.