Dolby Atmos Software Acer Predator

RocKer004
RocKer004 Member Posts: 13

Tinkerer

edited February 2021 in Predator Laptops
Hey Guys , when I bought my Acer Predator laptop it had the Dolby Atmos software with which you could controll sound equalizers , but once I reinstalled my Audio driver with Device Manager , it desappeared.. now I've downloaded Dolby Atmos Plus but it doesn't sound good , the filters are too high or low , the software I had was optimized for Acer Laptops.. can someone give me a link or smth to get it back pls ?

Best Answer

• Davidrojas
    Davidrojas Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

Answer ✓
    Yeah, I had the same problem, even though Im not sure if youre talking about the Dolby Audio app, which has the different profiles and the equalizer. What I had to do, based on a post (that I didnt found, sorry), was uninstall the realtek drivers going to device manager -> sound, video and game controllers, then right click on Realtek High Definition Audio and select Uninstall device. Then restart the computer and then go to the acer webpage, drivers and software, find your model and go to drivers, and download the Realtek. Run the setup and after that you should have the Dolby Audio app working fine again. IF YOU DONT (AND YOU COULD ACTUALLY TRY THIS FIRST) THERE'S GOING TO BE A SUBFOLDER WITHIN THE REALTEK DRIVERS FOLDER NAMED DAX2. OPEN IT, GO TO X64 OR X82 DEPENDING ON YOUR SYSTEM, AND RUN THE ONY .EXE THAT IS IN THERE. That is what I had to do and now I have the app working!
    Hope it helps

Answers

• Davidrojas
    Davidrojas Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

Answer ✓
    Yeah, I had the same problem, even though Im not sure if youre talking about the Dolby Audio app, which has the different profiles and the equalizer. What I had to do, based on a post (that I didnt found, sorry), was uninstall the realtek drivers going to device manager -> sound, video and game controllers, then right click on Realtek High Definition Audio and select Uninstall device. Then restart the computer and then go to the acer webpage, drivers and software, find your model and go to drivers, and download the Realtek. Run the setup and after that you should have the Dolby Audio app working fine again. IF YOU DONT (AND YOU COULD ACTUALLY TRY THIS FIRST) THERE'S GOING TO BE A SUBFOLDER WITHIN THE REALTEK DRIVERS FOLDER NAMED DAX2. OPEN IT, GO TO X64 OR X82 DEPENDING ON YOUR SYSTEM, AND RUN THE ONY .EXE THAT IS IN THERE. That is what I had to do and now I have the app working!
    Hope it helps
  • RocKer004
    RocKer004 Member Posts: 13

Tinkerer

Hope it helps
    Oh thank you so much ! it actually helped <3
  • Saad98
    Saad98 Member Posts: 60 Devotee WiFi Icon
    Hope it helps
    Unfortunately this is not working for me. I allow the process to go on but nothing happens. Help!
  • KineticBongos
    KineticBongos Member Posts: 3 New User
    I did this as well, and nothing happened

• GdaM
    GdaM Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

Hope it helps
    I looked into the folder and clickedUpdateDAX2Db.exe and thats it, got the Dolby App back!!! Worked like a charm 🙌😁Thanks buddy