Touchpad lag/delay aspire e5-574g

Shubhamsharma
Shubhamsharma Member Posts: 8

Tinkerer

edited February 2021 in Aspire Laptops
So I have an Acer aspire e5-574g.I recently upgraded to win 10 1607 and my touchpad start lagging for ever.Its difficult to explore windows and do daily work.The interesting thing is that the touchpad works perfectly when I play some music or video.
I tried clean install of windows and installed all drivers given on this site for my device but no luck.Pls help

Answers

• zec
    zec Member Posts: 25 Troubleshooter
    So I have an Acer aspire e5-574g.I recently upgraded to win 10 1607 and my touchpad start lagging for ever.Its difficult to explore windows and do daily work.The interesting thing is that the touchpad works perfectly when I play some music or video.
    I tried clean install of windows and installed all drivers given on this site for my device but no luck.Pls help
    im also having touchpad lagging problem. did you fix it?
  • christy1
    christy1 Member Posts: 1,619 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    zec said:
    im also having touchpad lagging problem. did you fix it?
    Try these steps below. 

>> Try to perform a simple power reset and check the issue.  Shutdown the laptop. Disconnect the charger. Disconnect the external display. Please check for a battery reset PIN hole at the bottom of the device.The reset hole would have a battery symbol next to it. Insert a paperclip into the hole and press for four seconds. Let the computer sit for 5 minutes with no power. Reconnect the charger and power On the laptop.

>>if you're running CPU-intensive processes, like games or video conversions. If you aren't doing one of these things, you'll definitely want to see if another process is eating up your CPU for no reason. Hit Ctrl+Shift+Esc to bring up the Task Manager. Check the processes tab to see if anything's taking up an abnormally large percent of your CPU's power—usually, if something's out of control, it'll be up close to 100. f everything's relatively low, single-digits or maybe the tens, then it isn't your CPU going out of control, it's the fan itself.

>> Remove any programs you're not using and disable as many background processes as possible. If the fans continue to spin loudly even when you're not using resource-intensive software, consider opening up the laptop and using compressed air to clean dust out the inside. Only do this if your laptop isn't under warranty, as opening the laptop will void it. Replacing the old thermal paste on the heat sink can also reduce heat (and thus fan noise), but only do so if you're comfortable with laptop disassembly and repair.

Accept if its Helpful.   B)
  • lebull
    lebull Member Posts: 15 Troubleshooter
    edited February 2021
    I reproduced this issue in safe mode while the CPU was basically idling.  This is not the issue we are seeing.

Additionally, if the problem is not happening with a physical mouse but it is with a touchpad, then there is an issue with the touchpad or touchpad drivers regardless of if the CPU is occupied... CPU usage is not a root cause for this issue.