Predator 17 pink flash

Rinji07
Rinji07 Member Posts: 33 Die Hard WiFi Icon
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
Just got this predator 17, and i notice sometimes on boot inbetween the predator logo booting after the spiny circle and before the windows logon screen that I see a pink flash sometimes, does anyone else get this? or is it something I should worry about?

Best Answer

• wrallen0727
    wrallen0727 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Answer ✓
    Predator 17 -G- 793  GTX 1060...pink flash appeared with bios upgrade to 1.14 here also...Hmmmm...when is 1.15 coming???lol!

Answers

• Rinji07
    Rinji07 Member Posts: 33 Die Hard WiFi Icon
    https://streamable.com/40dyn this is what is doing, I literally just got it yesterday. Does anyone else have this issue? Fresh install everything is up to date. Did it on old install to, however it doesn't always do it and this is what worries me.
  • Timmy147
    Timmy147 Member Posts: 1 New User
    I have recently gotten a Acer Predator 17 G9-793-79V5 with GTX 1070 and a i7 7700hq. When I first received it, the screen frame wasn't assembled properly so I sent it back and they repaired it.

Here's a video showing the problem: https://youtu.be/28yqIL8lBCw

However, Whenever I restart my computer it flashes a pink screen  before loading the sign in screen on windows 10. The problem only happens with a restart, it does not happen with a wake from sleep or from start up if I shut down the computer. ( This is using default windows 10 settings btw)

I have tried updating to the latest drivers, disabling in safe mode and then reinstalling, completely uninstalling the driver and then reinstalling a fresh copy of the drivers non of which worked. The only time the problem does not occur is if i am not using Nvidia drivers, if i have it disable or if I use regular windows drivers. I am using the latest Nvidia drivers 397.64 and how the latest updates to windows 10,64 bit.

Any ideas on if its a hardware issue with the LCD or a software issue (which it seems to be since the drivers seem to be the cause) and what the cause is and how to fix it? I have until Monday, to decide whether to return it or not. Advice would be greatly appreciated.

Edit: Besides the pink screen flash at the start it works completely fine otherwise with the Nvidia drivers.

• fxswan
    fxswan Member Posts: 36

Tinkerer

just got my predator 17....no problem noticed until after I updated the bios to 1.14. Coincidence maybe. reloaded graphic drivers but still occurs...nuisance but quick...
  • Goldark
    Goldark Member Posts: 16 Troubleshooter
    I've had two Acer Predator 17 G9-793-79V5's and they both flash pink at the same time as yours.  I think they all do it.
  • Queen6
    Queen6 Member Posts: 319 Skilled Practitioner WiFi Icon
    edited May 2018
    Predator 17 - G9-793: 7700HQ, GTX 1070, 32Gb RAM, no pink flash when starting up. On Windows 10 1803, Nvidia 397.93, BIOS 1.13, with custom colour profile for the display panel.

Q-6
  • wrallen0727
    wrallen0727 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Answer ✓
    Predator 17 -G- 793  GTX 1060...pink flash appeared with bios upgrade to 1.14 here also...Hmmmm...when is 1.15 coming???lol!
  • Granite1
    Granite1 Member Posts: 11

Tinkerer

I've got the 1.13 bios and mine does it too. Just loaded Windows 10 Enterprise fresh and it still does it. Not really worried about it.