Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Acer Laptop Design Comment (Acer V3-575T)

The power cord location is a huge problem if one uses the CD/DVD disc drawer.  I've never had a laptop where the power is on the right-hand side, and I find almost everything about it very inconvenient.  It's definitely a con if you use the CD/DVD drive often and want to keep your laptop plugged in (because the battery status icon is rarely visible, and there's no warning prior to the surprise immediate shutdown resulting from a low battery--an issue right out of the box that has never been updated/corrected).

FAQ & Answers

• SharanjiSharanji Posts: 3,881ACE Pathfinder
    Hi! 

I agree it is inconvenient for you, however, laptops can have them on the left or right side, or on the back of them. There is no right side. The motherboard inside the laptop covers about 50% of the area so it won't reach both sides. Whatever side of the laptop the motheboard is closest to is the side that the power socket is on.

>>>You can also change Low Battery Level Notification
    Open Power Options by clicking the Start button clicking Control Panel, clicking System and Security, and then clicking Power Options.
    On the Select a power plan page, next to the plan you want to change, click Change plan settings.
    On the Change settings for the plan page, click Change advanced power settings.
    On the Advanced settings tab, expand Battery, expand Low battery level, Reserve battery level, and Critical battery level. Change the percentage of battery remaining that you want for each level, and then click OK.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • Acer-MannyAcer-Manny Posts: 1,488Acer Crew

Acer Crew

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback, it will be pass along to be taken in consideration.

Salute,
    Acer-Manny
  • JesseKJesseK Posts: 1Member New User
    I agree, it is in a silly location. Also, the USB and other connections - they are all at the front. Therefore if you have a chord plugged into it, you are dragging your arm across each with each action. they should be toward the screen, or even in the back of the machine.