Helios Confirmed 240hz HDMI PH317-51

Answers

• Red-Sand
    Red-Sand ACE Posts: 1,892 Pathfinder
    MrFBlack said:
    helios 300 17" with 1060 6gb better go for 1080p and high hz screen or 1440p with high hz screen? will it manage higher resolution?
    It can manage it but not sure on what graphic settings will work.

A 1060 is best suited for 1080p 60hz gaming at a decent graphic setting.
    Any higher for either you will be forced to sacrifice graphic quality.
    - Hotel Hero
  • MrFBlack
    MrFBlack Member Posts: 10

Tinkerer

Red-Sand said:
    MrFBlack said:
    helios 300 17" with 1060 6gb better go for 1080p and high hz screen or 1440p with high hz screen? will it manage higher resolution?
    It can manage it but not sure on what graphic settings will work.

A 1060 is best suited for 1080p 60hz gaming at a decent graphic setting.
    Any higher for either you will be forced to sacrifice graphic quality.
    but since laptop itself has 144hz screen i can get away with it on external 144hz? or rather do less hz or definitely only 60hz externally? 
  • Red-Sand
    Yes you can do any hz you want.. just be mindful as i said before only certain panels will work over hdmi.

You can limit your 144hz to 120hz or 60hz etc by changing hz rate in display properties.

In my Helios 500 (144hz screen) I limit to 120hz.
    - Hotel Hero
  • MrFBlack

Tinkerer

Thank you! 
  • MrFBlack

Tinkerer

anyone tried iiyama prolite gb2773hs 144hz? thanks
  • A7medHDz
    A7medHDz Member Posts: 13 New User
    edited October 2018
    Red-Sand said:
    A7medHDz said:
    im planning to buy acer nitro vg270up the next month 
    will it work on 144hz ?
    or have anyone tried it ?

Not sure, but seeing as how the architecture of the Helios and the Nitro is very similar it is a high possibility that it will work.
    ty
    i dont want to take the risk, im actually looking for a cheapest ips 144hz (even 120hz fine for me) 2k or fhd monitor that can work with my laptop
  • 67vdub
    67vdub Member Posts: 5 New User
    Hey guys I love my new Acer Predator Helios 300 Gaming Laptop, 15.6" Full HD IPS Display w/ 144Hz Refresh Rate, Intel 6-Core i7-8750H, GeForce GTX 1060 6GB Overclockable Graphics, 16GB DDR4, 256GB NVMe SSD, PH315-51-78NP laptop to death.  My wife tossed a huge remote onto the couch without looking and cracked my screen.  What are my options?
  • Red-Sand
    Search for a replacement panel for your model.
    You can find your panel's model on the back of the screen panel.
    - Hotel Hero
  • Red-Sand
    - Hotel Hero
  • 67vdub
    Red-Sand said:
    So just remove it out of the bezel case and it will be there?  Thanks a ton I have only had this thing for 60 days ugh.
  • 67vdub
    OK this is the panel au optronics b156han07.1, can't find it so I guess I'm screwed?
  • jaro15223
    jaro15223 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Does anyone have recommended curved monitors that work well with the helios 300? I have model G3-571-77QK and would like to use an external curved monitor to get 144hz refresh.

• GilbertoPrd
    GilbertoPrd Member Posts: 2 New User
    I bought the acer helios combo with ACER gn246 144hz monitor. When I connect, it does not exceed 60hz. Can you arrange it? 
  • Leinadogeid
    Leinadogeid Member Posts: 3 New User
    edited November 2018
    I bought the acer helios combo with ACER gn246 144hz monitor. When I connect, it does not exceed 60hz. Can you arrange it? 
    The same here, I bought an Acer GN246HLB monitor thinking that I wouldnt have problems with the 144hz with hdmi conection and now I can only get 60hz by this way because monitor limitation, but I have one idea, I dont know if it can work... if you use a dvi-d conexion (for monitor) and hdmi conexion (for laptop) maybe you could have 144hz if the problem is the monitor with hdmi? Thanks and hope to get a solution, Im a bit upset with this problem, I dont see a easy solution because the laptop have only hdmi and type C for it :anguished:

• Red-Sand
    The same here, I bought an Acer GN246HLB monitor thinking that I wouldnt have problems with the 144hz with hdmi conection and now I can only get 60hz by this way because monitor limitation, but I have one idea, I dont know if it can work... if you use a dvi-d conexion (for monitor) and hdmi conexion (for laptop) maybe you could have 144hz if the problem is the monitor with hdmi? Thanks and hope to get a solution, Im a bit upset with this problem, I dont see a easy solution because the laptop have only hdmi and type C for it :anguished:

The reason I compiled this list is because most monitors with a Display Port connection do not allow the HDMI to exceed 60hz. (If the monitor has both connections available).

I do not believe I added this monitor to my list and since it is not on there it is untested.
    - Hotel Hero
  • HipiFlip
    HipiFlip Member Posts: 1 New User
    I just bought the Viewsonic XG402 and I cannot get 144hz. Help?
  • Radford999
    Radford999 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Hi guys. I own a Acer Predator Helios 300 and a ASUS XG258Q monitor and connecting them through hdmi. How do i make it 240hz? I’m not the most knowledgable when it comes to all specs i’m afraid. If someone could just explain to me how to set it to 240hz. That would be great thanks :)

I go into the Nvidia settings and i don’t have an option to change to 240hz. Under pc i can change it to 120hz. But that’s the most. Any help would be appreciated :) 
  • KilRoy
    KilRoy Member Posts: 1 New User
    I'm intended to get AOC AGON AG322FCX as my 144hz. By referring above, will it work for my helios 300 as there is only one HDMI. Please advise thanks.
  • Noobb
    Noobb Member Posts: 1 New User
    edited January 2019
    Hi, bro
    Does the BenQ XL2546 work at 240 hz over hdmi as well?
    Please advise thanks you.
  • Wolfenstine4
    Wolfenstine4 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Red-Sand
    What screen do you recommend is working the best on the helios 300?
This discussion has been closed.