What type of motherboard and maximum RAM does my ES1-512-C5YW have?

cheap_pc
cheap_pc Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

edited October 2023 in Legacy Laptops and Netbooks
Hi,
I have an Acer Aspire ES1-512-C5YW which is just over 4 years old and I am looking to upgrade it.
I want to change the processor, the ram and the HDD either to SSD or a higher capacity HDD.
Was just wondering if the processor is soldered in and if so what type of motherboard is in the laptop so I can get a similar one with a better processor, and what the maximum ram is.
Thanks
(This is the laptop)

[Edited to add model name]

Best Answer

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    cheap_pc 

This model supports Maximum capacity od 8 GB, has one DIMM slot support DIMM type DDR3L-1333 SO-DIMM with speed 1333 MHz and voltage 1.5 V
    DIMM package 204-pin SO-DIMM
    The processor seems to be soldered.
    Hard disk :> It supports hard disk 2.5-inch, 9.5 mm, 5400 rpm SATA hard disk drive (HDD) up to 1TB.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

Answers

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    cheap_pc 

This model supports Maximum capacity od 8 GB, has one DIMM slot support DIMM type DDR3L-1333 SO-DIMM with speed 1333 MHz and voltage 1.5 V
    Hard disk :> It supports hard disk 2.5-inch, 9.5 mm, 5400 rpm SATA hard disk drive (HDD) up to 1TB.

• cheap_pc
    cheap_pc Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

Sharanji said:
    cheap_pc 

Thanks for this answer now just wondering about the motherboard as to which type it has in it.
  • aspiredcraig
    aspiredcraig Member Posts: 1 New User
    mine is 12800 sodimm so could i put 13300 in
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,665 Trailblazer
    Is yours also a ES1-512? I don't see any indication they support faster than 1333MHz memory, but if yours is a PC3-12800 it's 1600MHz.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.