Input not supported - K272HL!

HellaYeahhh
HellaYeahhh Member Posts: 3 New User
edited September 2021 in Monitors
Hello! I recently got the Acer K272HL monitor and when I use the HDMI cable to connect my laptop, it shows the 'Input not supported' message. My laptop is the Acer Nitro 5. Can anyone help please! Thank you! 

//Edited the content to add model name.   ​

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,647 Trailblazer
    I'm not finding anything for a KH272HL. Is it a HUL? Or one of the other KH2 models?
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • HellaYeahhh
    Sorry! My mistake! It's K272HL!
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,647 Trailblazer
    OK, that makes more sense. Is there any chance the laptop is trying to send 1080i instead of 1080p? Interlaced would be at 30Hz vertical instead of 60Hz. You'd also get that message if it were trying to send 1080p at 72Hz or 75Hz  (typically used to reduce flicker from room lights). I'm kind of grasping at straws since the monitor supports the normal 1920x1080 at 60Hz...
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • HellaYeahhh
    Both my laptop and monitor are running at 60Hz with the progressive scan. Now, when I change the resolution, I can get the monitor to work, but I can't extend the display. My laptop doesn't seem to be detecting the monitor. I've tried changing the HDMI cable, but it's the same thing.
  • franciswade
    franciswade Member Posts: 5 New User
    In my case, I had the same problem. I fixed it by unplugging the adapter from the monitor cord.

My adapter sits between the VGA monitor cord (with the blue plug) and my laptop. It also has it's own USB connection. I unplugged the adapter from the laptop several times but it didn't work. Unplugging the blue VGA monitor cord from the adapter reset something that returned me to the right resolution.
  • Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    franciswade,

Good to know thanks for your information. It will be useful for many people. ​