Acer Chromebook 15 CB5-571 sticks while trying to sign in after turning on.

katkisson
katkisson Member Posts: 3 New User
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
HI, All,
  My Acer Chromebook 15 CB5-571 sticks a good 30 sec. after turning on. I try to type in my password on the homepage, put the cursor sticks or disappears and everything on the page sticks, except for the mouse sometimes. I've tried this with the internet connection off, and the sticking is still there. I went to the Chromebook Community, and they said it probably was an update that did it, which it did seem like it happened after a recent update. They said to go to the Beta Channel, but it happens there too and on the Dev channel. It even gets stuck on sign in on Developers Mode. I have Power washed and have used the Chromebook Utility Recovery. Even those cleaners get stuck for some seconds on the "Welcome" screen. The cleaning helps the sticking on start up for a few times, but then back to sticking when I try to type in my password, sticking for a good 30 sec. or more. I have disabled extensions etc, but to no avail. I have even sent an "issue complaint" to the Chromebook team. Does anyone know what this sticking is?

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,462 Trailblazer
    @katkisson You have now posted this issue on multiple threads & PMs. From now on, please respond to only one of the public threads that you started. Thanks. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• DoctorFred
    DoctorFred Member Posts: 1 New User
    Sometimes my chromebook 15 starts as soon as I push the power button, other times I have to wait or have to push the power on numerous times till username page comes on? 
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,462 Trailblazer
    @DoctorFred Probably due to the way you shut the machine off in the previous session. If you're consistent in the way you shut the system off, it should consistently start in the same way. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ