Fan Failure after installing a new lamp H6510BD projector

Roosterq
Roosterq Member Posts: 2 New User
edited February 27 in 2019 Archives
I just replaced the lamp in my H6510BD projector. Now when I use the projector after about 5 minutes I get a "Fan Failure" error, but the fan is running and I feel the air blowing out the front of the projector. There were no errors before the lamp died, and I have checked to make sure there is no obstructions blocking the air movement. Has anyone else experianced this or have any suggestions for how to fix this?

Answers

• TheNephilim
    TheNephilim Member Posts: 14

Tinkerer

I would suggest sending it in for repairs.. but if you are a diy type did you look inside yet?? IF so how many fans are in there?? there may be more then one and that could be causing the issue, maybe it got unplugged or it just died..
  • Rob22
    Rob22 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Roosterq said:
    I just replaced the lamp in my H6510BD projector. Now when I use the projector after about 5 minutes I get a "Fan Failure" error, but the fan is running and I feel the air blowing out the front of the projector. There were no errors before the lamp died, and I have checked to make sure there is no obstructions blocking the air movement. Has anyone else experianced this or have any suggestions for how to fix this?
    What was the solution? I have a problem with my Acer Projector H755ost. I changed the lamp last week and everything was fine, now it turns off after 5 minutes and have lamp and power lights both on?? 
  • Roosterq
    Roosterq Member Posts: 2 New User
    Rob22, you're not going to like my solution. I tossed it in the garbage because no one could come up with a solution and I got tired of working on it for 2 months. I finally went with a Casio LED projector. 15 x the lamp life of the traditional projectors, instant on at full brightness, nearly zero heat, and the picture quality is pretty much identical. Cost me $700ish for the replacement projector, but I'm absolutely thrilled with it.